Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benfica supporter here, let me be as unbiased as I can.

Ederson is a tremendous goalie with a great field presence. He oozes confidence and that trespasses to the rest of the team, especially the defense. However, for all the praise he is receiving and what is being said in the media, footwork is not his strongest characteristic. I don't know where people first got this idea from. He has an outrageously long kick, and great accuracy, but I never felt like he was that good at working with the ball at his feet near the area, or under pressure for that matter. Seldom does he chose to distribute to the players close to him - on thing Guardiola will have to work on, should he sign for you, is fighting Ederson's urge to kick the ball away. You should take advantage of his ability to clinically pass to the 9 or other forward from his own area, you have some fast players and a counter such as that once in a while can be profitable, but not always does it work or is the wisest decision, and it sure as hell's not something Pep enjoys too much.

For me, Ederson's greatest features are his shot stopping abilities, agility and ruthlessness. I do not know if that's what you're looking for or not, but it is how it is. He's very instinctive but he's also very clever at filling the lines and gaps. You will never find him out of position, and you'll notice he is always at the best spot to cover the goal as most as he can or to attack the ball. He's never too far back, nor he is ever too much to the front. I can honestly only remember him conceding from afar once or twice. The way he charges the ball and the attacker, though, has got to be his strongest trait. He is an ice cold mother-fucker, but because he is so agile and quick-minded, he almost never concedes a foul. I remember one time in CL, though, where he mistimed an effort and caused a penalty, but proceeded to save it. I don't need to tell you all this becaue you've probably seen it in most clips by now.

Anyway, Pep knows what he wants and needs more than I do, of course. But what I'm saying is true, and if Guardiola wishes to have Ederson by his side, then he must think he can still mold him while still utilizing his inate traits, which makes me think it's definitely a long-term move. Can't see a contract shorter than 5 years.

Oh, and until some actually believable source comes out, don't trust rumours too much (more to do with costs involved, I'm pretty sure he'll be yours for next season). Always, and I mean always, take Portuguese sports media with a pinch of salt.

Cheers from Portugal and sorry for any spelling mistakes.
Good report mate. Don't worry about your spelling, it's better than 99% of this lot on here! :-)

I wouldn't be too surprised at that. He said he was a Benfica supporter, he didn't say he was Portuguese. His post reads like it's written by a native English speaker and with a handle like "RICK SLICK" he probably is.

I'm a native Portuguese speaker. Born in Lisbon.

But thanks for the compliment, I guess. :P

Hi Rick. Just as a matter of interest do you or have you lived in an English speaking country?

Nope. I did spend a week in Yorkshire once to watch the Tour de France, though. Does it count? Hehe.

Edit: Rick Slick comes from Ricardo Silva, my name. And the rapper, of course. Just to clear up. :)

Welcome Rick,thanks for the info.

Thanks. No worries.

Benfica supporter here, let me be as unbiased as I can.

Ederson is a tremendous goalie with a great field presence. He oozes confidence and that trespasses to the rest of the team, especially the defense. However, for all the praise he is receiving and what is being said in the media, footwork is not his strongest characteristic. I don't know where people first got this idea from. He has an outrageously long kick, and great accuracy, but I never felt like he was that good at working with the ball at his feet near the area, or under pressure for that matter. Seldom does he chose to distribute to the players close to him - on thing Guardiola will have to work on, should he sign for you, is fighting Ederson's urge to kick the ball away. You should take advantage of his ability to clinically pass to the 9 or other forward from his own area, you have some fast players and a counter such as that once in a while can be profitable, but not always does it work or is the wisest decision, and it sure as hell's not something Pep enjoys too much.

For me, Ederson's greatest features are his shot stopping abilities, agility and ruthlessness. I do not know if that's what you're looking for or not, but it is how it is. He's very instinctive but he's also very clever at filling the lines and gaps. You will never find him out of position, and you'll notice he is always at the best spot to cover the goal as most as he can or to attack the ball. He's never too far back, nor he is ever too much to the front. I can honestly only remember him conceding from afar once or twice. The way he charges the ball and the attacker, though, has got to be his strongest trait. He is an ice cold mother-fucker, but because he is so agile and quick-minded, he almost never concedes a foul. I remember one time in CL, though, where he mistimed an effort and caused a penalty, but proceeded to save it. I don't need to tell you all this becaue you've probably seen it in most clips by now.

Anyway, Pep knows what he wants and needs more than I do, of course. But what I'm saying is true, and if Guardiola wishes to have Ederson by his side, then he must think he can still mold him while still utilizing his inate traits, which makes me think it's definitely a long-term move. Can't see a contract shorter than 5 years.

Oh, and until some actually believable source comes out, don't trust rumours too much (more to do with costs involved, I'm pretty sure he'll be yours for next season). Always, and I mean always, take Portuguese sports media with a pinch of salt.

Cheers from Portugal and sorry for any spelling mistakes.

Fantastic post, mate. Welcome to Bluemoon, I hope you stick around and post some more.

Have you managed to see much of Bernado Silva? It would be great to hear your analysis of him.

Bravo proved that a keeper needs to be a keeper before a footballer. Hopefully it taught Pep something. But I doubt it. He seems pretty stubborn,

Personally I'd be fine with Ederson not being the greatest passer but I am afraid that Pep will force a square peg into a round hole and it'll be a bit of a shambles (ala Bravo).

Should be interesting anyway.
Willy wasn't the greatest passer at the start of the season but he was very good by the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.