Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm.going to preface this by saying "it is true that stats don't show everything," But....

Now that we have gotten that out of the way, Now this:

This season Ederson has been better at almost everthing, but in the argument of who is better, I am not predisposed to thinking Joe Hart when Ederson dwarfs him in every statistical goalkeeping category.

More clean sheets,14 - 5
Fewer errors, 2 - 6
Fewer goals conceded, 10 - 48

And the most telling of all:
Saves per goal:
Ederson 4.5 saves per every goal
Joe Hart 1.6 saves per goal.

The last start is shocking as it suggests Ederson and Joe are not even in the same category as shot stopping Keepers.

And we've not even discussing the foot skills part here yet. Just the traditional goalkeeping stuff.

Like I said, stats don't show everything. But if you need 5.5 shots on goal to beat one guy, but only 2.5 to beat the other. I know which one I'm more inclined to suggest is better.

one plays for benfica the other plays for torino of course ederson is going to have more clean sheets and fewer goals conceded. torino from what I've seen dont have a very good defence either. hart for us was fantastic.

no i actually watch every single benfica game and analyze how well he played after each... I've seen hime play a few times when they've been on and seen youtube clips, of course i haven't watched dozens of benfica games, bias ? its not bias, its from seeing hart play every week, i think hes more then good enough and proved that throughout the years. thats just my opinion.

If you think he's good enough then you can't have been watching the same Joe Hart I was watching launch the ball into the stands 5 times a game.

If you think he's good enough then you can't have been watching the same Joe Hart I was watching launch the ball into the stands 5 times a game.

the same joe hart was an integral part of us winning the league and made some amazing saves when he played, he proved he was good enough. hart isn't going to play for us next year, me personally though id bring him back and try him out in peps system. bravo this amazing ball playing keeper looks pretty average with his feet tbf

Last edited:
Us loving and respecting Joe does not mean that he is right for us now. It feels to me like we have moved on and I wish Joe all the best.

the same joe hart was an integral part of us winning the league and made some amazing saves when he played, he proved he was good enough.

There are other member of those title winning teams who were just as integral and nearly all of them have either been sold or are now seen as dead wood. Times change and the needs of the squad change likewise.

There are other member of those title winning teams who were just as integral and nearly all of them have either been sold or are now seen as dead wood. Times change and the needs of the squad change likewise.

obviously times change and you can't just stick with the same team, but if some of those players are good enough then why not ? silva, aguero, company are all still integral to our side, with them all fit and on form wed be close to wining the league. I'm not saying hart would have that impact or that he will be here next season. but if he was in net this year, wed be a miles better team and we would have conceded far less. i know its peps style, but I'm just not convinced that it works in the prem or that it can't be adapted. i.e. we can kick it down field swell. ederson looks a good keeper and hes at least better then bravo.

the same joe hart was an integral part of us winning the league and made some amazing saves when he played, he proved he was good enough. hart isn't going to play for us next year, me personally though id bring him back and try him out in peps system. bravo this amazing ball playing keeper looks pretty average with his feet tbf

you're an idiotic WUM. Kindly bugger off.

Bravo "average with his feet", bollocks to you, bud.

you're an idiotic WUM. Kindly bugger off.

Bravo "average with his feet", bollocks to you, bud.

fuck off. how am i a WUM ? i just have a different opinion to you. he has been average with his feet, other then the odd good ball out, he hasn't shown anything to me this season that says hes really good with his feet. he often passes it to players under pressure and with no where to go afterwards. he doesnt look comfortable with feet, especially under pressure imo. hes also been awful for us.

Last edited:
Hahaha, you little shit!

Personally, I think Joe's world class attribute is his one on one ability and that's one aspect we've desperately missed this season. I've only watched a handful of Benfica matches this season but I don't think I've ever seen a keeper as quick off his line. He's like lightning and this will be crucial if we're to carry on playing such a high line.
He looks like he has the potential to be special. But if he does 2/3 of what he does for Benfica statistically for us next season, he'd have a season as good as Joe's best here.

In a way, I think his current stats is simply a purple patch. He wouldn't need to be this good to eclipse the best we've seen here. So its a bit strange that folks are underrating him.

I did a statistical comparison to DeGea, Neuer, Buffon and Oblak. 4 top keepers in the top 4 leagues and he frankly was outperforming on them all statistically.
one plays for benfica the other plays for torino of course ederson is going to have more clean sheets and fewer goals conceded. torino from what I've seen dont have a very good defence either. hart for us was fantastic.
"WAS" and " for us" being the operative words there. But what you claimed was that Joe was better than Ederson at everything else. Suggesting you were actually comparing their performances.

It seems you are not doing that. You are just hoping Joe is better coz you once for he was great when he played for us and you haven't seen much of that Ederson fella.

Fair enough. I'm just saying based on stats, it is unlikely Joe is better at anything.

Also, in doing your Benfica vs Toronto whitewashing, you ignore the most important stats:

1 that this kid at 23 was making significantly fewer individual errors than a 30 year old Joe. And even more importantly that he averages 4.5 saves for every goal. Joe is averaging 1.6 saves.

Those 2 stats are a lot more about the players than they are about other factors. But like I said, your were just hoping Joe was better at everything else, so its cool.

fuck off. how am i WUM ? he has been average with his feet, other then the old good ball out. he often passes it to players under pressure and with no where to go afterwards. he doesnt look comfortable with feet esp[ecially under pressure

4,000 word response for you.

pep-guardiola-manchester-city-international-champions-cup-press-conference-media_3750480.jpg

Pep-Guardiola-614227.jpg

Pep-Guardiola-Man-City-Champions-League-700335.jpg

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.