Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the one issue I see that could put us off in approaching some of our targets. The market is ridiculously inflated, and teams that regularly produce great talents like Monaco and Benfica are asking premium money for their products. Benjamin Mendy, Ederson, Semedo and even Mbappe's rumored price tags exceeds their ability to some extent. We'll have to wait and see whether we pull some of these targets off without getting absolutely rinsed.
I guess everyone has there own idea of what an inflated price is, I can remember when £100,000 was thought to be pretty steep.(As a transfer fee not a weekly wage). The fact is that in the English game a lot of TV money has come in and clubs ask for what they think the market will bear and I suspect that might be quite a lot this window. Left backs in particular seem in short supply, Goalkeepers I suspect somewhat less so with not so many big clubs needing one though, if Real are hunting De Gea/Courtois that may produce a ripple effect.

I'm skeptical about this player after seeing how Bravo flopped. A lot of people were also excited about Bravo because he was Barcelona's first choice keeper and he utterly failed in the Premier League. How do we know Ederson won't be the same? Pickford is at least use to the Premier League, English and young. He would be my preference.

I'm skeptical about this player after seeing how Bravo flopped. A lot of people were also excited about Bravo because he was Barcelona's first choice keeper and he utterly failed in the Premier League. How do we know Ederson won't be the same? Pickford is at least use to the Premier League, English and young. He would be my preference.

Not a lot of us we're excited by Bravo. In fact most of us were disappointed, we thought we were getting Ter Stergen. The thing with Bravo is a lot of people were still reeling from Joe leaving and when his replacement didn't hit the ground running he didn't really stand a chance. Plus I guess if we brought in a younger keeper we would have accepted the mistakes and had a bit more patience.

Ederson looks a decent keeper and is great with his feet. Of course it'll take a bit of time for him to get used to our system, get to know his team mates and acclimatise to England, so there might be the occasional clanger. But with all the interaction from him on City related social media it looks as if he's very keen to come in, and I bet he settles in faster than Bravo and ultimately does a better job.

Not a lot of us we're excited by Bravo. In fact most of us were disappointed, we thought we were getting Ter Stergen. The thing with Bravo is a lot of people were still reeling from Joe leaving and when his replacement didn't hit the ground running he didn't really stand a chance. Plus I guess if we brought in a younger keeper we would have accepted the mistakes and had a bit more patience.

Ederson looks a decent keeper and is great with his feet. Of course it'll take a bit of time for him to get used to our system, get to know his team mates and acclimatise to England, so there might be the occasional clanger. But with all the interaction from him on City related social media it looks as if he's very keen to come in, and I bet he settles in faster than Bravo and ultimately does a better job.
This!

Good post. I'm keen to get him in for multiple reasons. We could use another Brazilian on the squad for Gabriel. He's young and fits into the Young Boy Revolution that I'm calling for and Pep's actually building! He seems to be geniunely stoked to join us which goes a long way in my book. GJ/Ederson might help give us a leg up on some future brazilian youngsters too :).

Seems that Benfica for Ederson wants 60 millions lol

I think it's because they only have 50% of his rights with Rio Ave having the other 50%

I will be utterly astonished if we spend €60m on a goalkeeper, especially one that is only really tested in Portugal.

I think it's because they only have 50% of his rights with Rio Ave having the other 50%

I will be utterly astonished if we spend €60m on a goalkeeper, especially one that is only really tested in Portugal.

The reason must be that but it's a Benfica problem, I think it's simply a strategy to raise the price ..... they need money

Not seen enough of him or Pickford but we shouldn't be signing anyone who can't help deliver a CL. That's what the club have said from the very beginning yet we seem to have made some very odd signings in this respect, even allowing for ffpr. Decide who the best keeper is and go and get him (assuming they both want to come).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.