Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right but they won't get that for him from any club and if the player wants to leave then it's in their interest to find a compromise.
In an age when halfway decent players are going for €30m+ they might think they can. Buffon went for the equivalent of €50+m to Juve a long time ago as well so it's not unprecedented for a goalkeeper. If they've actually named a price of €40m then fair enough (still a stupid amount of money for a goalkeeper) but Benfica have a habit of squeezing every last penny from transfers.

A goal keeper who's saves can win us points and footwork can contribute to the build up is worth €40-50m to us. Ederson seems to tick both of those boxes.

They can feck off at that price

I mean, it's an outlandish price but I could see us, or other clubs, paying around 40 mil for him.

The only question would be regarding Rulli who is available to us much cheaper, but Moraes is ultimately a better keeper in every department and, after the Bravo debacle, I don't see the club taking any gambles.

I do rate the keeper but not at that price. He has only played 93 games as a pro.

34million pounds is a bit over the top for a young keeper but who cares, Sheikh's loaded.

A hell of a lot of hype to live up to. You are talking Buffon levels in terms of price and I don't think he is in that bracket. Neuer only cost Bayern €22 million (second highest transfer fee for a keeper). Rulli is the better bet for us and there is more money to strengthen other areas that needs more attention.

Last edited:
I mean, it's an outlandish price but I could see us, or other clubs, paying around 40 mil for him.

The only question would be regarding Rulli who is available to us much cheaper, but Moraes is ultimately a better keeper in every department and, after the Bravo debacle, I don't see the club taking any gambles.
Bravo was supposed to be great and a safe pair of hands but at least it was under 20m,this is a seriously big gamble at that price,his release clause is 60m euro's by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.