Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo was supposed to be great and a safe pair of hands but at least it was under 20m,this is a seriously big gamble at that price,his release clause is 60m euro's by the way

I know about his release clause, but that's irrelevant in the event the player wants to leave. Nobody will pay 60m for him, so the figure o jogo are quoting sounds closer to the mark.

You can't really compare it to Bravo, as Moraes is 23 and hasn't even hit his prime. All signings are gambles in some way, but after Bravo failed to impress I feel this is one area the club will go all in to get a top class option for Pep. Of those, Moraes is arguably the best fit.

I do. We have a transfer budget and if we spend a lot on a keeper we won't buy other players.
Thing is if we don't pay for him now, someone else will. I know that Real would be looking for a Keeper soon, Juve might go on for a hunt as well.
Rulli's cheap, but he ain't the answer at the moment, he look far from CL quality. Moraes is in form and is already proving himself at top level.

Thing is if we don't pay for him now, someone else will. I know that Real would be looking for a Keeper soon, Juve might go on for a hunt as well.
Rulli's cheap, but he ain't the answer at the moment, he look far from CL quality. Moraes is in form and is already proving himself at top level.

Yes that is true. You were arguing that the amount doesn't matter because our owner is rich. Our owner hasn't put money into the club for some time.

Benfica have probably slapped that price to ward of immediate interest and I don't think Ederson is going anywhere just yet.

Yes that is true. You were arguing that the amount doesn't matter because our owner is rich. Our owner hasn't put money into the club for some time.

aaah, so you mean self sufficient and all that.. ok ok get it.

aaah, so you mean self sufficient and all that.. ok ok get it.

yeah...don't get me wrong. we have a shitload of money to spend every window. Its just not unlimited anymore. If he is the guy between the sticks for the next 10 years it makes sense.

I think we should go for it - but we'll have to try to get a fee for Joe - it's strange but the fees for him don't look that great he should be commanding a decent fee - he's got to one of the best keepers available next summer. Then there's Bravo - I wonder what we'll get back on him. Ideally we should be getting £30m + for Joe and Bravo but I bet we end up with half of that.

I get why you'd compare the price to players in the same position but I still struggle to come to terms with why people are apprehensive of splashing out on a goalkeeper but don't think twice when we spend big on others.

Maybe I'm missing something but a big lesson from this season is that a decent keeper for us is invaluable.

I think we should go for it - but we'll have to try to get a fee for Joe - it's strange but the fees for him don't look that great he should be commanding a decent fee - he's got to one of the best keepers available next summer. Then there's Bravo - I wonder what we'll get back on him. Ideally we should be getting £30m + for Joe and Bravo but I bet we end up with half of that.

Bravo won't be sold this summer. No chance.

As for Hart, £20m would be good. The rumours seem to swing between 15-25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.