Ederson or Hart. Who gets into the team of the decade?

B B

Ballet-on-ice

I get the feeling that Joe Hart is unfairly being airbrushed from recent history, mainly because of his sudden exit from the club due to the change in playing style under Guardiola. But Hart is our most successful keeper. He's won 2 league medals, 1 fa Cup and 2 league Cup medals and has also been England's nmbr 1 for the best part of 6 to 7 years. Its a shame his career has took a nosedive but, along with people like Kompany, Aguero and Silva; he should be remembered as a player who was part of the new dawn of this fantastic club.

Ederson though is a different keeper from Hart... Calm, commanding, confident and assured. I never get nervous when the ball gets to his feet because I know he will deal with it efficiently and he will distribute it with the coolest of touch to a teammate. His shot stopping and box presence are up there with best.

So, if you were asked to pick your team of the decade who would your keeper be?

Hart was a better fit during the first decade, when the goalkeeper needs to be capable of saving 1-1s regularly and occasionally having a blinder against teams overruning the City midfield.

Still think peak Hart was much better than peak De Gea, people forget how young he was when he took over from an international goalkeeper and settled immediately, the number of golden gloves behind an insanely attacking City team is incredible, got nowhere near the kind of protection rival goalkeepers get.

Eddy, as much as I love Joe. Eddy is just so different to anything we have ever seen, so composed, he is the perfect keeper for what I consider the perfect style of football. Obviously nothing is ever perfect but you know what I mean, I don’t think it can get better than what we’re seeing right now. Although with Pep you never know.

But Hart is our most successful keeper. He's won 2 league medals, 1 fa Cup and 2 league Cup medals ?
If you are going by success, then Hart won all those over what.... 7 / 8 seasons?
In 8 weeks time Eddy could have 2 PL's, and an FA Cup, he already has 2 League Cups (and played in one of them, Hart didn't play in any of them) and of course, hopefully a CL cup - and all in just 2 seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.