Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiUnited

Fighting the good fight in the Dzeko Thread!
Marvin said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Marvin said:
I'll credit him when he plays well. I think a lot of people suspected he'd be quiet today and that's exactly what he was. More or less invisible.

Negredo didn't have a good game but he continually showed for the ball. Too many performances like this from Dzeko

I don't think that's fair of Edin, Negredo may have "shown" more for it but frequently was losing it or being poor with it, putting yourself about isn't better than using the ball productively, which I think Edin did very well today, holding it up, laying it off, switching the play, I think Edin with the ball played very well today.
Negredo tried. Dzeko didn't. Dzeko had zero goal threat in front of a team that had 70% possession.....and a big reason for that was because Dzeko just jogged around all day long. He didn't make many mistakes, and maybe that's why some people think he did OK, but when a team has 70% possession and has so few efforts on goal, you have to look at the forwards. In the 1st half Negredo flicked it over the defender's head and almost scored, and he could have had a penalty as well. Not a lot went for him, but he was always showing for the ball. Dzeko has too many games like this when he just coasts. Doesn't matter how good a player you are, you have to have the right attitude and that's Dzeko's weakness.

[bigimg]http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/spiderman-neat-camera-flashing-60s-spiderman-1382877642n.gif?id=179[/bigimg]

No17 said:
Marvin said:
davymcfc said:
I think he played well today. Held the ball up and battled. The service he received was poor and had to feed off scraps.
I'll credit him when he plays well. I think a lot of people suspected he'd be quiet today and that's exactly what he was. More or less invisible.

Negredo didn't have a good game but he continually showed for the ball. Too many performances like this from Dzeko

I only saw the first half and I agree with you but even though Negredo showed for the ball he hasn't done much with it (lost it mostly) Dzeko was more comfortable and kept coming deep and did quite well, don't know if anything changed in the second half, but as I see Negredo was taken off so that might say something...
According to the commentator there was a cock up with the boards and it was Dzeko who was supposed to come off not Negredo, so yes that might say something....<br /><br />-- Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:38 pm --<br /><br />
AntiUnited said:
Marvin said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I don't think that's fair of Edin, Negredo may have "shown" more for it but frequently was losing it or being poor with it, putting yourself about isn't better than using the ball productively, which I think Edin did very well today, holding it up, laying it off, switching the play, I think Edin with the ball played very well today.
Negredo tried. Dzeko didn't. Dzeko had zero goal threat in front of a team that had 70% possession.....and a big reason for that was because Dzeko just jogged around all day long. He didn't make many mistakes, and maybe that's why some people think he did OK, but when a team has 70% possession and has so few efforts on goal, you have to look at the forwards. In the 1st half Negredo flicked it over the defender's head and almost scored, and he could have had a penalty as well. Not a lot went for him, but he was always showing for the ball. Dzeko has too many games like this when he just coasts. Doesn't matter how good a player you are, you have to have the right attitude and that's Dzeko's weakness.

[bigimg]http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/spiderman-neat-camera-flashing-60s-spiderman-1382877642n.gif?id=179[/bigimg]
It's called a forum, everybodies allowed their own opinion whether you agree with it or not.

ColinLee said:
No17 said:
Marvin said:

I only saw the first half and I agree with you but even though Negredo showed for the ball he hasn't done much with it (lost it mostly) Dzeko was more comfortable and kept coming deep and did quite well, don't know if anything changed in the second half, but as I see Negredo was taken off so that might say something...
According to the commentator there was a cock up with the boards and it was Dzeko who was supposed to come off not Negredo, so yes that might say something....

-- Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:38 pm --

AntiUnited said:
Marvin said:

It's called a forum, everybodies allowed their own opinion whether you agree with it or not.

Oh please, if it's detrimental to Dzeko idiots like that guy will of course dismiss it and mock the poster.

Marvin said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Marvin said:

You've listed Negredos goal threat as a flick where he didnt even get a shot away and a possible penalty appeal, i can remember him heading a chance a mile wide after a good effort from Edin and i can remember a few more Edin efforts which hit the target, Negredos goal came from Edin winning a header. This is one game where he doesn't need to be criticised.

There was a lot worse out there today and the beast was one of them.

Puppet Master Silva said:
ColinLee said:
No17 said:
According to the commentator there was a cock up with the boards and it was Dzeko who was supposed to come off not Negredo, so yes that might say something....

-- Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:38 pm --

AntiUnited said:

Oh please, if it's detrimental to Dzeko idiots like that guy will of course dismiss it and mock the poster.

I believe this is directed at AntiUnited... as I said, I watched the first half so don't know about the commentators mentioning the cock up with the boards so I'll give you that, but from what I have seen Dzeko has been good and wasn't hiding at all as Marvin says...but as it always is we may be seeing things differently

suta8eja.jpg

I think that they summed up his performance pretty good.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Marvin said:

Of course Edin played well today.By far the better of our 2 strikers but there will always be some who just will never admit it.And then come up with strange nonsense like Negredo showed more for the ball. Negredo was awful today.

Dzeko was a little better than Negredo. And was working all 90 min. Lost minimal amount of balls. Was strong on ball. So I dont see what is the problem. He also was very good at passing all the game. Create few chances for others. No need to wory Marvin. Negredo is stil in front od Dzeko. Maybe, just maybe. Midfield was bad today and they have created almost nothing for the two up front. Have you thought about that ??
Clip4.jpg

Job well done for Edin,
Lack of support for him, and Negredo was the showman today, one of the things that is not good for the team. His late overfoot pass to Dzeko ( and Dzeko never miss that kind of sitters ) led to final draw.
However, Pellegrini nowdays is fighting against fortified bunkers and is very hard to score with that sort of opposition. He need to rest some men, others need to listen Pellegrini and play their roles.

And yes, Dzeko is world class player.

Best regards

Haris Vlahovljak said:
Job well done for Edin,
Lack of support for him, and Negredo was the showman today, one of the things that is not good for the team. His late overfoot pass to Dzeko ( and Dzeko never miss that kind of sitters ) led to final draw.
However, Pellegrini nowdays is fighting against fortified bunkers and is very hard to score with that sort of opposition. He need to rest some men, others need to listen Pellegrini and play their roles.

Best regards
Did better than most today but not world class in a million years (unless your world ends at the Bosnian border). Not in the same class as Aguero, Tevez, van Persie or even Rooney. And he misses plenty of "sitters".

Prestwich_Blue said:
Haris Vlahovljak said:
Job well done for Edin,

Best regards
Did better than most today but not world class in a million years (unless your world ends at the Bosnian border). Not in the same class as Aguero, Tevez, van Persie or even Rooney. And he misses plenty of "sitters".

For me he is. Showing all what that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.