Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Improved first touch, excellent hold up play, great work rate. Its like watching a new player

Edin's sequence of starts is down to Kun's injury more than anything else. But full credit to him for the way he has responded. He's now doing those additional things we've been wanting for some time.

One factor behind his additional confidence and motivation is that he is being hooked less often. Pellers is making balanced decisions, taking into account form, need for rotation, etc. He has also benefited from Negredo's selfless efforts to involve him which, again, he has shown willing to repay.

If Mr P can continue to juggle, while keeping our three strikers happy, there are plenty more goals to come...plus a trophy or two.

sir baconface said:
Edin's sequence of starts is down to Kun's injury more than anything else. But full credit to him for the way he has responded. He's now doing those additional things we've been wanting for some time.

One factor behind his additional confidence and motivation is that he is being hooked less often. Pellers is making balanced decisions, taking into account form, need for rotation, etc. He has also benefited from Negredo's selfless efforts to involve him which, again, he has shown willing to repay.

If Mr P can continue to juggle, while keeping our three strikers happy, there are plenty more goals to come...plus a trophy or two.
or 4 ;)

I don't believe the improvements in Dzeko's form have a huge amount to do with more game time. Personally I think it's more down to Pellegrini's man management as opposed to Mancini's. Both are superb managers, but with very different styles. For me Dzeko, in a similar way to Nasri, needs an understanding supportive manager as opposed to a dictatorial confrontational one.

Matty said:
I don't believe the improvements in Dzeko's form have a huge amount to do with more game time. Personally I think it's more down to Pellegrini's man management as opposed to Mancini's. Both are superb managers, but with very different styles. For me Dzeko, in a similar way to Nasri, needs an understanding supportive manager as opposed to a dictatorial confrontational one.
His management of him has been spot in the last few games. Leaving him on for the full 90 has definitely seen him grow in confidence.

Gamesh said:
I must have been watching a different player today..He just about scuffed in a shot from 4 yards out...when he 'Did superbly to tee up Navas' according to the MEN, for me it was a case of him losing control of the ball and being tackled..and he kept up his habit of consistently shooting on site when often better options are available..Negredo hands down to start next game alongside Kun..Just my opinion but there you go..

-- Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:51 pm --

I must have been watching a different player today..He just about scuffed in a shot from 4 yards out...when he 'Did superbly to tee up Navas' according to the MEN, for me it was a case of him losing control of the ball and being tackled..and he kept up his habit of consistently shooting on site when often better options are available..Negredo hands down to start next game alongside Kun..Just my opinion but there you go..

Fully agree Edin's control of the ball is still poor, we lose a lot of momentum and chances because of it. he did however make one really good pass tp Aguero today so perhaps there is still hope

gocity said:
Gamesh said:

Fully agree Edin's control of the ball is still poor, we lose a lot of momentum and chances because of it. he did however make one really good pass tp Aguero today so perhaps there is still hope
Actually I'd have said it's much improved as is his workrate. Perhaps the first touch is a confidence thing with him but long may he continue.

Having previously said on this thread that Dzeko was not in the top 10 of strikers in England, I would like to say that, on current form, he's now probably in the top 5 or 6. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Hes always been the player we see now,it's just that he'd lost his confidence for whatever reason...

Trouble is that he could lose it again in a blink..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.