Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours....
With Manchester City flying high, strike man Edin Dzeko may be headed elsewhere in search of regular playing time as Sergio Aguero has returned from injury. The Bosnian has bagged 15 goals across all competitions for Manchester City (five in the Premier League), but with the trio of Aguero, Alvaro Negredo, and Jesus Navas firing on all cylinders, Dzeko will be sent back to the bench.

According to German outfit Die Welt Wolfsburg could make a run at their former striker, fresh off shelling out £16 million ($26.2 million) for Chelsea winger Kevin De Bruyne. The 27-year-old spent three and a half seasons at the Bundesliga club before making a big £30.5 million ($50 millio) move to the Etihad in January of 2011.

That would be a heck of a January haul for the 5th place club, and would give Wolfsburg a massive boost as they search for a return to the Champions League.

<a class="postlink" href="http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/19/sunday-transfer-rumor-roundup-dzeko-talk-strengthens-while-draxler-noise-reduced/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014 ... e-reduced/</a>

Matty said:
I don't believe the improvements in Dzeko's form have a huge amount to do with more game time. Personally I think it's more down to Pellegrini's man management as opposed to Mancini's. Both are superb managers, but with very different styles. For me Dzeko, in a similar way to Nasri, needs an understanding supportive manager as opposed to a dictatorial confrontational one.
Completely agree with this.
He is a player that needs to feel wanted and appreciated by his manager to get the best out of him.
MP has been brilliant at bringing him back into the fold.

I said Pelligrini deserved credit for Dzeko's return to form. Then people jumped down my throat and said things such as "well what if Sergio wasn't injured", I'm glad people are coming round.

If Dzeko says to Txiki, Pellegrini or whoever "I am happy and understand the rotation now", it should be a new contract, not a new club that's being talked about. We won't find a better "number 3" (but there isn't really a 2nd or 3rd choice at the moment) out there unless we spend £30m and risk another unhappy customer, like Diego Costa or someone.

Matty said:
I don't believe the improvements in Dzeko's form have a huge amount to do with more game time. Personally I think it's more down to Pellegrini's man management as opposed to Mancini's. Both are superb managers, but with very different styles. For me Dzeko, in a similar way to Nasri, needs an understanding supportive manager as opposed to a dictatorial confrontational one.
Pellegrini's man management in form of giving Dzeko a chance to play most consecutive matches ever while in City and confidence all played part. I think his first touch and passing have improved tremendously since he's been playing consistently. So much so that it's rarely criticized now. He's even starting to dribble again. This is a direct result of getting consistent playing time I think.

I think another person who deserves credit is Alvaro. The beast has worked really well with Dzeko, and has I think also helped him with confidence. Edin and Alvaro seem to get along great on the pitch. Their partnership has surprised me the most, because on paper it shouldn't work, but it worked great these past few months.

LoveCity said:
If Dzeko says to Txiki, Pellegrini or whoever "I am happy and understand the rotation now", it should be a new contract, not a new club that's being talked about. We won't find a better "number 3" (but there isn't really a 2nd or 3rd choice at the moment) out there unless we spend £30m and risk another unhappy customer, like Diego Costa or someone.

Would love to see it happen, he looks like Dzeko from Wolfsburg days. He has said that he would love to go back to Germany, but if we are playing like we are now and he accepts the fact that he can´t play every single game, it would be great to see him stay IMO.

neel said:
Rumours....
With Manchester City flying high, strike man Edin Dzeko may be headed elsewhere in search of regular playing time as Sergio Aguero has returned from injury. The Bosnian has bagged 15 goals across all competitions for Manchester City (five in the Premier League), but with the trio of Aguero, Alvaro Negredo, and Jesus Navas firing on all cylinders, Dzeko will be sent back to the bench.

According to German outfit Die Welt Wolfsburg could make a run at their former striker, fresh off shelling out £16 million ($26.2 million) for Chelsea winger Kevin De Bruyne. The 27-year-old spent three and a half seasons at the Bundesliga club before making a big £30.5 million ($50 millio) move to the Etihad in January of 2011.

That would be a heck of a January haul for the 5th place club, and would give Wolfsburg a massive boost as they search for a return to the Champions League.

<a class="postlink" href="http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/19/sunday-transfer-rumor-roundup-dzeko-talk-strengthens-while-draxler-noise-reduced/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014 ... e-reduced/</a>

I call major CRAP on this article.

No way Edin would settle for Wolfsburg now....(maybe prior to retirement)...plust they cant afford him.

And not to mention he looks like he is really ENJOYING his place in City now.

Proper crap that.

Top 10 strikers in Europe. 3 hail from guess which team?

SJjY9kz.jpg

If he keeps on playing like he has since Bayern Munich . I want him to stay . Because this looks like the Dzeko that played in Germany . He made some great runs against Cardiff .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.