Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was completely out of the steam today. But most of them were, even Zabaleta offered barely anything after 15-20 minutes. Strange how that easy win where we looked like never went out of 2nd gear vs Rags took so much more energy from our players than Arsenal's harder game vs Swansea took it from them.

dctid said:
fuck me hero to zero in 4 days

Personally i though the whole team dropped away from the work rate and energy we saw on Tuesday against the rags especially in the second half - kick Edin if it makes u feel better
His overall play is always below average. I think Dezko has survived in his City carer for so long mainly because of great players behind him. His goal stats are misleading.

Damien10 said:
dctid said:

Personally i though the whole team dropped away from the work rate and energy we saw on Tuesday against the rags especially in the second half - kick Edin if it makes u feel better
His overall play is always below average. I think Dezko has survived in his City carer for so long mainly because of great players behind him. His goal stats are misleading.

His goal stats are exactly what they are - very good most top strikers at most top clubs have great players behind them and regardless of how bad people think he is getting starts over Negrado so Pellers is definately seeing something we dont.

Point was our collective second half performance was poor and that was the issue and whilst blaming Edin might make people feel better it dont change that fact

Damien10 said:
dctid said:

You are ridiculous.

Bj6cDjCCQAATKzk.jpg:large

dctid said:
Damien10 said:
dctid said:

His goal stats are exactly what they are - very good most top strikers at most top clubs have great players behind them and regardless of how bad people think he is getting starts over Negrado so Pellers is definately seeing something we dont.

Point was our collective second half performance was poor and that was the issue and whilst blaming Edin might make people feel better it dont change that fact
But when you aim to play possession football it doesn't help to have 8/10 attacks broken down because of your striker. This is what happens when Dzeko is playing that role. Admittedly at times his finishing his great (like the 2nd against United) but other then that I see nothing in him and I never have done.

Damien10 said:
dctid said:
Damien10 said:

But when you aim to play possession football it doesn't help to have 8/10 attacks broken down because of your striker. This is what happens when Dzeko is playing that role. Admittedly at times is finishing his great (like the 2nd against United) but other then that I see nothing in him and I never have done.

The other thing is that good strikers realise that service isnt coming their way and they drop deeper to get the ball. Aguero does this and to some extent so does the beast. Dzeko did a lot of aimless wandering around today, esp 2nd half. I would have brought Negredo on with Milner.

Dzeko was superb again tonight , chased and held the ball up well , some very unforgiving poster on here , they have a pre conception about a player and no matter how hard he tries to redemm himself , they still stick the knife in

gmckennasell said:
Dzeko was superb again tonight , chased and held the ball up well , some very unforgiving poster on here , they have a pre conception about a player and no matter how hard he tries to redemm himself , they still stick the knife in
WOW.

gmckennasell said:

You must be wearing some peculiar glasses mate. Can't fault him for effort but an average performance at best...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.