Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

EaglesFan said:
George Hannah said:
he played tonight for the full 90 minutes in a shock defeat by Cyprus

Had a really off night (scoring-wise) vs. Cyprus...6 or 7 shots missed...some really good chances too. Just wasnt falling for him (or rest of the team).

Did get penalty committed against him - but we managed to NOT materialize that either (Pjanic). Put a really good work in though (which is good to see)...was all over the pitch.

He seemed really down at the end of the game, and rightfully so...it was a very tough loss, and a wake-up call.

The good news is Bosnia have a piss easy group so they'll be able to bounce back by beating Wales.

EaglesFan said:
BosnianDiamond said:
It was only Liechtenstein, but nice practice anyway :). I love the pace and quickness he is showing this year. I hope he starts against Arsenal.

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/iubXE2PiDkY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/iubXE2PiDkY</a>

Here's the link to the goal with slightly better quality (still pretty sh*t though):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GXxnC_LrtI

I blame Stoke loss to Edin not starting :-) Cant remember the last time we lost with him in there...start Edin!!!

:-)

Nice drop of the shoulder and acceleration. Almost like a 6 foot 3 Aguero for a moment!

blue_sonic176 said:
I thought he was excellent at holding up the ball today. Really let us get back in control later in the second half.

i am thinking that if we had both fernando and yaya available pellers may as well have start with 4222.

I Like Edin, glad that he signed a new contract but today there were two things that frustrated me about his play. Firstly, lying on the floor after he thought he was fouled then springing up when no decision came his way. Please don't do that Edin mate let's not become Arsenal feigning injury. I'm half surprised that Wenger didn't want someone sent off for the injury to Debuchy!! Secondly whilst his overall play is very good, when you have a chance 5 yards out with only the keeper to beat you have to score. He just needed to lift the ball over the keeper - that is the difference between a good striker and a great one. He needs to work on his chances to goal ratio then he will be in a better place and so will we!

I thought he was a little unlucky with the one the keeper made a great save from. The one where the ball ended up hitting the post was bad for me because all he had to do was head it and in my opinion he didn't because his arse went because he might have got a kick in the face.

Should have scored one today with the one on one and could have possibly done better with the previous chance with Koscielny but he's a good striker and was class vs Newcastle and played well against Liverpool too. Happy we got him on a new contract because his goals add up over a season

Mr HJ said:
I Like Edin, glad that he signed a new contract but today there were two things that frustrated me about his play. Firstly, lying on the floor after he thought he was fouled then springing up when no decision came his way. Please don't do that Edin mate let's not become Arsenal feigning injury. I'm half surprised that Wenger didn't want someone sent off for the injury to Debuchy!! Secondly whilst his overall play is very good, when you have a chance 5 yards out with only the keeper to beat you have to score. He just needed to lift the ball over the keeper - that is the difference between a good striker and a great one. He needs to work on his chances to goal ratio then he will be in a better place and so will we!
They didn't replay the foul so can't really say with certainty either way, but he genuinely looked in pain to me.

It sometimes feels like he should never be laying on the ground or look injured, because of his size and the track record of never being injured for a long period. That one time though against Everton last season he clearly feigned injury, which was brilliant imo, as it totally changed the tempo of the game, and gave our defense a breather as Everton looked like they were going to equalize.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.