Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

he played well today but when he comes deep to collect the ball all of our attacks break down.

Andouble said:
he played well today but when he comes deep to collect the ball all of our attacks break down.
He's provided some great passes though.

I thought he was great today. I think his substitution actually cost us a goal we conceded. Because it freed up Costa to not have to mark him anymore and be available in counter attack.

Also that 1st half incident should have been a penalty.

we had a good discussion back in April about this, just as he was approaching 20 goals, and he scores a lot of close range goals, nearly every single one of which is a first touch, snap shot or header.

Today he played well for the team but he came too deep too many times. Sometimes his feet let him down when he has too much time to think and you saw three times he gave it away cheaply.

He played well but for me he is primarily an out and out striker and he will not score many goals unless he permanently hangs around the centre half and gets in the 6 yard box for tap ins.

Andouble said:

Rubbish. He was excellent today in his all round game. His hold up play when dropping deep was exactly what you want to see from a centre forward.

Weird player. He either has good all around play but doesn't score, or he has horrific all around play and scores.

He never seems able to put both together for any long period of time. I'm not against him, just pointing out how strange are his runs in form. Today showed why we pursued Falcao. He's much quicker to those loose balls and more accurate with his head.

Puppet Master Silva said:
Don't know why people are claiming he had a "very good game", needs to score to get going, hasn't been good enough so far this season.

Because when your forwards don't score, which happens to all of them even the very best, if they do everything else right then they deserve praise.

Don't know why people need to ignore 90 minutes of a wonderful performance and wander around the forum nit picking at very small things just to pick at our players (even those who didn't play today).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.