Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Edin Dzeko legend

AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:
EaglesFan said:
Forward's primary task - score goals.

Edin Dzeko = goals. Bags of goals. Crucial goals.

So when guys like Benarbia, Seosa etc. call this guy a "donkey" I ask myself do they realize how ridiculous they sound? It is downright funny :-)

It's like calling Bolt a snail. Or calling Ray Lewis "soft". Its just unbelievably dumb...so it is all getting kind of funny to me :-)

As a reminder: If it wasnt for Edin Dzeko you wouldnt be holding League Cup trophy (equalizer at Notts at 80th minute) or PL title (equalizer vs QPR, 89th minute)...

The choice is yours. I hope you choose to talk sense.

Who is to say that if we had another striker, that cost about the same but was more consistent, that we would not have had the title sown up weeks earlier?
Your golden boy did not win the title on his own.

The fuk u on about ?

I know you claim to be a Yank, but surely even you can work out what i am saying.

If it wasn't for Zabaleta we wouldn't have taken a 1-0 lead in the QPR game. If it wasn't for Silva we wouldn't have beat Fulham last week, If Shaun Maloney hadn't scored against the rags to beat them 1-0 we wouldn't have won the title. You can go on and on and on.

How you can list goals he has scored as an argument that he is good and worthy of a place in the team is beyond ridiculous.

For the record I like Dzeko and he is a good player but outside of his goals he is largely useless and if anything a hinders everyone else in most games because he can't pass the ball or control a simple crossfield ball etc.
Would I rather we sold him and used Balotelli or bought someone like Falcao? Yes I would.

Will I stand there on saturday and slate him if he plays? No.

CTID101 said:
For the record I like Dzeko and he is a good player but outside of his goals he is largely useless
Early on during this season we conceded a lot of goals from set pieces. That's why Mancini likes to use him for set piece defense. Mancini has said this publicly in one of the interviews.

As for the rest of your post, his passing is actually not as bad as everyone claims. Someone posted the stats on this while back. He wins more air duels than anyone else on the team. He also knows how to create space. Often pulling 2 defenders with him.

These are subtle things, people who don't understand soccer, will often overlook. Which is understandable. What's not understandable is the amount of hate directed at him despite clearly being in form and contributing significantly to our recent victories.

noise said:
CTID101 said:
For the record I like Dzeko and he is a good player but outside of his goals he is largely useless
Early on during this season we conceded a lot of goals from set pieces. That's why Mancini likes to use him for set piece defense. He has said this publicly in one of the interviews.

As for the rest of your post, his passing is actually not as bad as everyone claims. Someone posted the stats on this while back. He wins more air duels than anyone else on the team. He also knows how to create space. Often pulling 2 defenders with him.

These are subtle things, people who don't understand soccer, will often overlook. Which is understandable. What's not understandable is the amount of hate directed at him despite clearly being in form and contributing significantly to our recent victories.

I like Dzeko and I think the stick he gets is unfair, so if anything im on your side of the fence. But seriously? Soccer? C'monnnn ;)

keemcfc said:
noise said:
CTID101 said:
Early on during this season we conceded a lot of goals from set pieces. That's why Mancini likes to use him for set piece defense. He has said this publicly in one of the interviews.

I like Dzeko and I think the stick he gets is unfair, so if anything im on your side of the fence. But seriously? Soccer? C'monnnn ;)
What's wrong with the word Soccer? "The word "soccer" originated as an Oxford "-er" slang abbreviation of "association", and is credited to late nineteenth century English footballer, Charles Wreford-Brown"

Wow. I don't even like Dzeko that much but so much hate for our own
player, especially a player who has made so many vital contributions is sickening
This guy is just a different player, and he has tried so hard with laudable success to adapt to our style of play and yet so much vitriol.
This thread is named Edin Dzeko Legend, but after reading through it I think it should read
Edin Dzeko Murderer

jauganaut said:
player, especially a player who has made so many vital contributions is sickening
This guy is just a different player, and he has tried so hard with laudable success to adapt to our style of play and yet so much vitriol.
This thread is named Edin Dzeko Legend, but after reading through it I think it should read
Edin Dzeko Murderer
<a class="postlink" href="http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2011/04/edin_dzeko_everett_resident_ar.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailywee ... ent_ar.php</a>

jauganaut said:
Edin Dzeko Murderer
Mate I'm just as confused as anybody. No idea why so many city fans hate him. He's one of our own but by the hate you'd guess he was Uniteds star striker ffs. The guy deserves better, has one good game people will love him, has one bad game and the same people will hate him and label him "a donkey". You can never win with such people, yet others such as Tevez and Aguero for example will have a succession of bad games but you won't see a thing written about them. Poor Dzeko, keep on scoring lad wish you all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.