Edin Dzeko...

You're spot on, Dzeko played a huge part in our success and people should be in no doubt how much he contributed. When we won the Premier League the second time his goals in the run in were crucial for us. Unfortunately he went to the World Cup and came back a shadow of the player he had been the previous season. Even from the stands his attitude in games looked poor, like he didn't have the appetite for it any more.

Dzeko was a fantastic player for us, one that should be remembered fondly, but we let him go at the right time, having got the best out of him.
Held onto him one season too long

Spot on, but he still scored vital goals for us. I used to get frustrated with him, but he's better than Bony and we missed his goals last season.

I would have him back tomorrow. Absolutely scandalous decision to get rid of him and replace him with Bony.

I would have him back tomorrow. Absolutely scandalous decision to get rid of him and replace him with Bony.

It wasn't though was it? Edin was not happy at all and that was showing in his attitude on the pitch. (and even moreso in the final game when he walked round ignoring all the fans applauding him and the team).
I actually agree with the earlier poster who stated we kept him a season too long

Bony hasn't worked out, so I suspect your post is somewhat based on hindsight too (apologies if not)

It wasn't though was it? Edin was not happy at all and that was showing in his attitude on the pitch. (and even moreso in the final game when he walked round ignoring all the fans applauding him and the team).
I actually agree with the earlier poster who stated we kept him a season too long

Bony hasn't worked out, so I suspect your post is somewhat based on hindsight too (apologies if not)

No need to apologise mate. I was in favour of keeping Dzeko at the time and still feel the same way (Sure my post history will back that up)
He could be infuriating at times but I honestly thought we should have kept hold of him.

No need to apologise mate. I was in favour of keeping Dzeko at the time and still feel the same way (Sure my post history will back that up)
He could be infuriating at times but I honestly thought we should have kept hold of him.

He didn't like the super sub tag and he was never going to usurp Sergio.

I always found it strange that when they both played, they never really clicked together

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.