EDS cup final

mansour's tow ropes said:
Bilboblue said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Yes, but this is the level closest to the first team, and the team that is supposed to be a hotbed of talent ready to make the step up in the imminent future. These aren't 12 year old kids, they have been recruited for top money for their age (Fofana was over a million wasn't he?) are paid a very good wage to do their job.

Shall I ask your boss if you ever make mistakes at work?

That has nothing to do with my point

Ok, let me put it another way.

If you were an apprentice, would you be expected to know everything about your job, and to be able to do it as well as those that have many more years experience?

You are being overly harsh on the EDS team, I was at the game yesterday.

These lads are 18/19 they shouldn't be viewed as first team squad material until they are 21/22.

Why?

Because out of our 25 man squad, only one is 21 (Nastasic), the next oldest is Rodwell (23). So why the hell do football fans continue to judge 18/19 year olds on being good enough/ready for a top european squad when they cannot be judge properly? It baffles me it really does.

WNRH said:
These lads are 18/19 they shouldn't be viewed as first team squad material until they are 21/22.

Why?

Because out of our 25 man squad, only one is 21 (Nastasic), the next oldest is Rodwell (23). So why the hell do football fans continue to judge 18/19 year olds on being good enough/ready for a top european squad when they cannot be judge properly? It baffles me it really does.

Probably because people see the likes of Shaw, Sterling etc doing well and ask why the same can't be true of our academy players. The fact is they are doing well because they have been given the opportunity by coaches who believe in them.

By your logic we will never sign an 18, 19, 20 year old again as they can't possibly play in the city first team and no top 18, 19, 20 year old will sign for us simply to be parked in the EDS.

At some point we have to be brave, show some faith and promote and hope the player rises to the opportunity.

FantasyIreland said:
Neville Kneville said:
FantasyIreland said:
Aaron Kuhl
Captain - 2nd Year Scholar

Centre midfielder who defends well and can also get forward. Aaron is the son of Youth Development Coach Martin Kuhl and joined the club in 2008. He made his breakthrough in 2011/12 when he made his debut for the under-18s in the final match against Birmingham. Though only a first year scholar, Aaron was captain of the under-18s during the 2012/13 season in which the side reached the Barclays Premier League final. Still Academy skipper, Aaron now also regularly features for our under-21s team.

Date of Birth: 30/01/1996
--------------------------------------------------------

I'm hearing this lad was MOTM last night? bossed midfield apparently?

I didn't go but,for those that did,is he worth keeping an eye on?

Yes he was, yes he did & yes he is.

Then I imagine his talent would not have gone unnoticed.

Manchester City are keen on Reading's spring-haired teenage midfielder Aaron Kuhl.

The 18-year-old has figured as captain for Reading U21s this season and, although currently injured, helped lift the trophy following their Premier League Cup win over City at the Madejski Stadium at the weekend.

Son of Reading coach and former Portsmouth midfielder Martin Kuhl, Aaron has caught the eye of City's coaches this season and they want to bring him in to boost their 'homegrown' quota

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2609487/Aaron-Kuhl-wanted-Man-City-Manuel-Pellegrini-lines-lines-Reading-youngster.html#ixzz2zXEnWvL1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2zXEnWvL1</a>
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

FantasyIreland said:
FantasyIreland said:
Neville Kneville said:
Yes he was, yes he did & yes he is.

Then I imagine his talent would not have gone unnoticed.

Manchester City are keen on Reading's spring-haired teenage midfielder Aaron Kuhl.

The 18-year-old has figured as captain for Reading U21s this season and, although currently injured, helped lift the trophy following their Premier League Cup win over City at the Madejski Stadium at the weekend.

Son of Reading coach and former Portsmouth midfielder Martin Kuhl, Aaron has caught the eye of City's coaches this season and they want to bring him in to boost their 'homegrown' quota

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2609487/Aaron-Kuhl-wanted-Man-City-Manuel-Pellegrini-lines-lines-Reading-youngster.html#ixzz2zXEnWvL1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2zXEnWvL1</a>
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Lol, I thought 'spring-haired' was a typo until I googled his image.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.