EDS future opportunities and progression?

Not that I doubt what you're saying. The back log or jam of 18-20 year olds makes perfect sense and sounds a mess. But is that really the job of the first team manager?
Rightly or wrongly Pellegrini didn't fancy the older lads. So why are they still there?
Is it not the job of the Achademy director and EDS manager to sort this?

Personally I don't think Guardiola will have time to asses every team from u16's to first team.
He may identify a few players he feels should work with the first team in pre season but shouldn't somebody he trusts, the club trusts be responsible for the structure at the club?

Pep is going to have his work cut out coaching the first team a new system without clearing paths for the more talented youth players. Next summer maybe.

If you're right and I'm sure you are, it sounds like the u16's should be more than good enough for the 18's and pushing for the EDS. Some of the u18's and EDS pushing the first team.
So surely that leaves many of the EDS redundant. I've watched a fair bit of EDS, no expert mind and players like Barker, Glendon and Horsefield look way off. Faupala, Ambrose look like they may be closer but if there's better and younger they should be moved on.

Viera going and seemingly not much happening anywhere in the club till Pep arrives I think mistakes are deeper entrenched than the first team manager.

Whilst Pellegrini was in his later stages, these decissions should have been taken out of his hands. Txiki, Marwood, Viera et al should be making these calls.
It seemed to me that the whole club stood still for 9 months.
Viera gone with no real replacement.
Youth seemingly stagnating, log jam as you say.
Pellegrini treading water till he was replaced. Only interested in what was best for him, easiest for him.

To me it seems we've wasted best part of a year, if you're correct it seems that stagnation is running deep.

To defend the club though, I assume the idea is to get better and better youth prospects and the change in direction will take time.
Whilst it sounds like Campbell is a fantastic prospect, surely the idea is his replacement will be as good or better.

I agree with you that too much blame is being laid at Pellegrini's door - it's easy to blame him now he's gone, but it's not the first team manager's job to sort out loans and sell players who he thinks aren't ready yet.

On seeing there was a "log jam" forming, why didn't the club start organising more loans? Sell a few of the kids who clearly won't make it? Why did the club leave long term youth academy development to a manager they were going to replace in 12 months? You can't blame it all on Pellegrini.

However I think you're wrong RE Pep. He will know every kid in the u21's and u18s by the end of the summer. That's just how he is. The first thing he said in his very first Bayern Press conference - "I need to know everything about the club as quickly as possible, right down to the youngsters in the youth academy".

He will see the youth academy as integral to his job, not an extra obligation which he might not have time for because the first team needs so much work.

We already know he's contacted several of the academy players on loan, so it seems he's already got stuck into the EDS tapes and looked at the players.

We need to be more ruthless and either get rid of the average or loan out more players once they hit 17. Can't be letting top talent leave because of backlogs.

Thought that there were question marks about Foden, Francis and Dele- Bashiru as well. Any news on them.

Also all seems to have gone quiet on the Brentford kid Poveda

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ews/man-city-transfer-news-barcelona-11316437
If you mean in regards to signing their offered scholarships then I'm fairly certain Foden for one isn't an issue.

Nice piece I missed back in May on City and St. Bedes http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-st-bedes-news-11311766

Thought that there were question marks about Foden, Francis and Dele- Bashiru as well. Any news on them.

Also all seems to have gone quiet on the Brentford kid Poveda

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ews/man-city-transfer-news-barcelona-11316437

Not sure if the kid Poveda has signed or not, but the rumoured appointment of Lee Carsley as under 18's manager can only go in our favour of signing him (was Brentford under 18's manager, so should know the kid well)

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Dele-Bashiru didn't stay either. He's been making a few tweets regarding Hart's errors in the tournament, which aren't exactly encouraging considering they play for the same club.

However, it might be one to put in the inexperienced category of not realising the image you need to portray on social media.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Dele-Bashiru didn't stay either. He's been making a few tweets regarding Hart's errors in the tournament, which aren't exactly encouraging considering they play for the same club.

However, it might be one to put in the inexperienced category of not realising the image you need to portray on social media.
Mate of mine watched the Iceland game with a City player and he was calling Hart for his mistakes. The player obviously didn't put it out there on social media like Dele-Bashiru but he was quite happy to criticise him in private.

He's staying. He was replying to the new kit posts saying he's looking forward to wearing them too. Said that to me as well here

He's staying. He was replying to the new kit posts saying he's looking forward to wearing them too. Said that to me as well here

Cool. Maybe his manager/agent/dad just need to give him social media training then.

Not a good look to be criticising club mates publicly - even without him naming names it was obvious who he was referring too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.