EDS Loan Report - Pt 2 added

twosips

Last edited:
Thanks twosips. I always enjoy your reports, and there is a lot of useful information here.

For some of the unfamiliar leagues, such as Jack Byrne in the Eridivisie (sp?), it would help to also read about the teams our players are placed with, and where they lie within those structures. Also, don't forget to name the teams early in the piece for clarity.

I look forward to the next episode. Thanks.

First class work as always TS. That's the first time I have seen the Jack Byrne goal. He has always been a very clever distributor of the ball and and I recall him scoring some excellent goals for the EDS. I wonder whether you see him as more a defensive MF or is he better placed in a more advanced role? The other interesting comment was your observation about Harry Kane, and that he wasn't necessarily spectacular on loan. It just goes to show that young players progress is not always a linear progression. Young players can make a sudden leap forward if the conditions are right.

Twosips cheers bud, excellent as always and ties in with what young Jack's sister has been telling me and what I've seen, looking forward to the Denayer one, he's been harder to keep tabs on this season.

Thanks twosips. I always enjoy your reports, and there is a lot of useful information here.

For some of the unfamiliar leagues, such as Jack Byrne in the Eridivisie (sp?), it would help to also read about the teams our players are placed with, and where they lie within those structures. Also, don't forget to name the teams early in the piece for clarity.

I look forward to the next episode. Thanks.

Good point and sure mate. The next part is already written but i'll look to do that in the future!

First class work as always TS. That's the first time I have seen the Jack Byrne goal. He has always been a very clever distributor of the ball and and I recall him scoring some excellent goals for the EDS. I wonder whether you see him as more a defensive MF or is he better placed in a more advanced role? The other interesting comment was your observation about Harry Kane, and that he wasn't necessarily spectacular on loan. It just goes to show that young players progress is not always a linear progression. Young players can make a sudden leap forward if the conditions are right.

Thanks JL! I know he sees himself as a no 10, and it was in that advanced position that he spent most of his time for the EDS. I do think he could play the deep-lying role though as he is an excellent passer. When he's on form he's really, really good at spreading the play.

Regarding the Kane thing, In my opinion its a rarity that a youngster will be excellent out on loan. There are too many things that can go wrong. It doesn't mean that the player is rubbish though, it just takes a long time for any player of any age to adapt to a new team, so why would it be any different for a loan move for a kid making his first steps into the game? Loans shouldn't be about being successful, it should be if they can actually handle themselves amongst adults. You can tell if a player can handle that, but perhaps isn't quite connecting with the team. The latter is fine, that will come naturally and it'd be a harsh barometer of whether someone could make it or not, the former is the main pressing matter. You need to see signs that they're fine and learning to cope with the added physicality and pressure, cos most likely they're already very good footballers cos they're at City. No questions about that side of that things. I suspect Spurs felt similar about Kane. They were getting him experience and still trusted him to be a goalscorer eventually. Moves like Evans' are actually not very common. Here's someone who can handle himself, and has also adapted to anew team and improved his game considerably, seemingly anyway. That's a huge positive and if City don't recognise that then they're fools. Genuinely. His footballing quality may even not be currently at the level it would be in training at City given the lack of technical ability comparatively at Walsall, but that will go up when he's training with better players.

I really like Evans. I think he deserves a chance and itd be absolutely criminal if he wasn't given that shot at it before leaving. Dele Alli is already a vastly better player than he was at MK Dons cos he's blossoming around better players. Evans game could go up a level if given a chance too. Why would not give a died-in-the-wool City fan who's been at the club since he was 8 a chance to prove he's a better squad player than £12+million Fernando? It's common sense. We HAVE to do it.

That was a great read.

Not picking, just a typo under Jack Byrne's section "They finished 2016".

Ta! All changed. I was getting ahead of myself, quite literally :)

And thanks to all of ya for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed the piece.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.