EDS players with the 1st team for preseason

No matter what Jack at Blackburn should be a good thing. Plays as well as he did last season he will be returning back to the club with a couple of international caps to his name and with even more belief that he can break into the City squad. Feel some of the players at the club need a loan too think Manu Garcia and Aleix Garcia need to be playing man football for some part of this season somewhere.

It's normal for loans to end on the 30th of June (not July) although it does look like he's back on loan in Norway with IK Start. I think he had work permit issues anyway so perhaps that's why he's back over there.

Edit: I'll just ignore your last sentence as nonsense.
Nonsense is to not consider them as talents. Pep said several times since joining City that he's going to take ALL the City's young talents to pre-season with the 1st team.

It'What about Nwakali, it's Norway and he joined Start in the very end of March so that is why, I think, the loan ends in July, but again, I think they'll extend it till the end of the season in Norway.

Nonsense is to not consider them as talents. Pep said several times since joining City that he's going to take ALL the City's young talents to pre-season with the 1st team.

It'What about Nwakali, it's Norway and he joined Start in the very end of March so that is why, I think, the loan ends in July, but again, I think they'll extend it till the end of the season in Norway.

I think you're reading far, far too literally into that. He can't possibly take about 50 players with him as well as first team ones. There's around 40 players currently listed on the EDS section of City's site, and that's without the African lads. He was always going to handpick a group to use - its not practical any other way as half of them wouldn't get any game time. The idea that its alarming is just madness. If he took ALL talents, as you for some reason pointed out, we'd have a squad of about 50 training with Pep. How is that a good thing?!

Actually I'll give you that as his loan is shown as 'till the end of July, I was looking at his contract with us by mistake. If he's under contract until then perhaps he hasn't 'gone back' as he'll never have left in the first place.

Actually I'll give you that as his loan is shown as 'till the end of July, I was looking at his contract with us by mistake. If he's under contract until then perhaps he hasn't 'gone back' as he'll never have left in the first place.
Well, he hadn't played since May before 2nd July and nigerian media reported he was in Manchester discussing his future etc etc

I think you're reading far, far too literally into that. He can't possibly take about 50 players with him as well as first team ones. There's around 40 players currently listed on the EDS section of City's site, and that's without the African lads. He was always going to handpick a group to use - its not practical any other way as half of them wouldn't get any game time. The idea that its alarming is just madness. If he took ALL talents, as you for some reason pointed out, we'd have a squad of about 50 training with Pep. How is that a good thing?!
Well, big clubs ofte pick something around 30-40 players some of whom are youngsters who would get reduced gametime if any. All in all, he said himself, he'd like to have a personal look at ALL th talents. And there are a fair number of players who are not in the current training squad now but are worth a look at least.

Well, big clubs ofte pick something around 30-40 players some of whom are youngsters who would get reduced gametime if any. All in all, he said himself, he'd like to have a personal look at ALL th talents. And there are a fair number of players who are not in the current training squad now but are worth a look at least.

You seem to think when he said "all the big talents" that he meant literally every bloody player, whereas everyone else can see he probably means the most talented dozen or so.

I think the 11 he has in training now, maybe Davenport, Nmecha and Brahim would do well to get on the tour.

It's pointless for him to look at 40 kids, much better to get an in depth look at 10, see if they can play and we might actually get one or two breaking through.

How do you know he isn't attending EDS training sessions or sending a trusted confidant along to watch? As said above he can't take 50 with him on tour, there's a limit to how many he can have in a training session too

You seem to think when he said "all the big talents" that he meant literally every bloody player, whereas everyone else can see he probably means the most talented dozen or so.

I think the 11 he has in training now, maybe Davenport, Nmecha and Brahim would do well to get on the tour.

It's pointless for him to look at 40 kids, much better to get an in depth look at 10, see if they can play and we might actually get one or two breaking through.
I agree he'll be able to have a proper look at those training with the 1st team now if there are less players, but I just hope he won't forget about the rest of the talents. Moreover, the likes of Agyepong and Yeboah have deserved to go to pre-season with City and are (or can be in the future) Pep-type of players IMO. In addition to that, I don't think they'd get WP immidiately so where would Pep watch them personally if not on tour? I presume some of the youngsters training with the 1st team at the moment will move on loan to NAC (or even somewhere else) soon, making spots free for somebody else (hopefully another youngsters).

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.