EDS players with the 1st team for preseason

Think Aleix, Manu, and Angelino could all get a decent amount of playing time this season under Pep.
Possible a good shout although I'm waiting with baited breath to see what becomes of Barker. He seemed to just fall off the radar last season, I'm hopeful that Pep can work his magic.

I agree he'll be able to have a proper look at those training with the 1st team now if there are less players, but I just hope he won't forget about the rest of the talents. Moreover, the likes of Agyepong and Yeboah have deserved to go to pre-season with City and are (or can be in the future) Pep-type of players IMO. In addition to that, I don't think they'd get WP immidiately so where would Pep watch them personally if not on tour? I admit some of the youngsters training with the 1st team at the moment will move on loan to NAC (or even somewhere else) soon, making spots free for somebody else (hopefully another youngsters).
This is why Pep has a very trusted team that he takes everywhere with him.

I agree he'll be able to have a proper look at those training with the 1st team now if there are less players, but I just hope he won't forget about the rest of the talents. Moreover, the likes of Agyepong and Yeboah have deserved to go to pre-season with City and are (or can be in the future) Pep-type of players IMO. In addition to that, I don't think they'd get WP immidiately so where would Pep watch them personally if not on tour? I admit some of the youngsters training with the 1st team at the moment will move on loan to NAC (or even somewhere else) soon, making spots free for somebody else (hopefully another youngsters).

Pep or his trusted staff will be looking closely at all the young talents we have of that there is no doubt and I expect a few will have made a good impression. Impossible for us to know who might have caught his eye although we may get a few pointers with the pre season games. There have been loads involved with the pre season 1st team training so far as much out of necessity as anything else.You need a certain number to make some of the training practical.

On Agyepong and Yeboah ,Why do they deserve to go on the pre season tour? Are they any good have you seen them play much and are they better than all the other who have been playing EDS/18's here?

Pep or his trusted staff will be looking closely at all the young talents we have of that there is no doubt and I expect a few will have made a good impression. Impossible for us to know who might have caught his eye although we may get a few pointers with the pre season games. There have been loads involved with the pre season 1st team training so far as much out of necessity as anything else.You need a certain number to make some of the training practical.

On Agyepong and Yeboah ,Why do they deserve to go on the pre season tour? Are they any good have you seen them play much and are they better than all the other who have been playing EDS/18's here?
I think they have deserved it because they have already had loan spells and represented their u20 national team. I've seen some of them and they have something in there so showing it for City's 1st team in friendlies would be nice. Again, where else would they show it to Pep if they can't play in England due to these work permit rules?

I persume they're better than, to say, Horsfield, but again, James and several other lads must have been picked because some of our 1st team defenders are on Euros/injured/enjoying their rest. Anyway, I'd like to see as much youngsters with the 1st team as possible, even if it's about pre-season.

And although it's very early to judge on them in general since we've not seen them on a long distance, I think Yeboah can archive more than Agyepong, but we'll see.

I think he'll make his debut and an appearance here and there next season but can't see him being even a squad player yet.

Diaz IMO should be training with Pep at least once per week even if he's not a first teamer. He should benefit from Pep before pep is off in 3 years time.

It's Diaz that I want to see break through soon. :-)

I think he'll make his debut and an appearance here and there next season but can't see him being even a squad player yet.

Diaz IMO should be training with Pep at least once per week even if he's not a first teamer. He should benefit from Pep before pep is off in 3 years time.

Pep's only given debuts to three 17 year olds in his career so far, so I'd not expect Brahim to play before next season (2017/18) unless he's really forcing his way in through EDS performances.

Last edited:
Brahim's 16 for another month. I suspect he'll train with Pep before too long but they've probably (fairly) decided to look at some of the older lads like Celina, Bytiqi and Barker etc for now. I can see sense in that. Brahim will have his time very soon though.

Pep's only given debuts to three 17 year olds in his career so far, so I'd not expect Brahim to play before next season (2017/18) unless he's really forcing his way in through EDS performances.

Pep hasn't been a manager for very long so 3 is actually a significant number considering.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.