EDS players with the 1st team for preseason

In my head I can see Celina, A. Garcia and one of Tosin/Maffeo/Angelino getting some decent game time for us this season. The defender that gets the nod will probably be permitting where we're successful with transfers and ins and outs.

Celina is such a technical player, with deceptively fast movement, that I think he'll really fit with Pep's playing style and ball retention tactics. He's very intelligent/creative and could flourish with Sterling/KDB buzzing around.

A. Garcia is tremendous and his passing range will be seen as a huge asset from deep positions. How many times do we see Fernando or Fernandinho misplace a ball over 30 yards! That's where Garcia comes into his own... and he's not bad at short, snappy passing either. My only thing with him is if he can show the aggression and athletic ability required to play in the prem and dominate midfield.

I think all three of those defenders are good enough to fit into the team alongside more seasoned pro's, and it will depend on who goes/comes in as to who plays. For example, if Kolarov goes and we don't replace him then Angelino will fill in, or if we struggle with Bonucci or Stones then Tosin may get a chance.

They're all good enough talents it's just whether the timing is right for them.

In my head I can see Celina, A. Garcia and one of Tosin/Maffeo/Angelino getting some decent game time for us this season. The defender that gets the nod will probably be permitting where we're successful with transfers and ins and outs.

Celina is such a technical player, with deceptively fast movement, that I think he'll really fit with Pep's playing style and ball retention tactics. He's very intelligent/creative and could flourish with Sterling/KDB buzzing around.

A. Garcia is tremendous and his passing range will be seen as a huge asset from deep positions. How many times do we see Fernando or Fernandinho misplace a ball over 30 yards! That's where Garcia comes into his own... and he's not bad at short, snappy passing either. My only thing with him is if he can show the aggression and athletic ability required to play in the prem and dominate midfield.

I think all three of those defenders are good enough to fit into the team alongside more seasoned pro's, and it will depend on who goes/comes in as to who plays. For example, if Kolarov goes and we don't replace him then Angelino will fill in, or if we struggle with Bonucci or Stones then Tosin may get a chance.

They're all good enough talents it's just whether the timing is right for them.

I would love to see us go into the season with Bruno Peres (RB or LB), Clichy (LB) and Sagna (RB) as our senior fullbacks, and Angelino/Maffeo as back ups. I think that would give us enough cover for the position and give the kids a chance to slot in as injury cover or rotation.

If we go out and buy Rodriguez for LB, they'll simply never get a chance.

I would love to see us go into the season with Bruno Peres (RB or LB), Clichy (LB) and Sagna (RB) as our senior fullbacks, and Angelino/Maffeo as back ups. I think that would give us enough cover for the position and give the kids a chance to slot in as injury cover or rotation.

If we go out and buy Rodriguez for LB, they'll simply never get a chance.

Denayer may also be cover for fullback.

Denayer may also be cover for fullback.

Stones has also played RB for Everton and England, although not brilliantly, and Zinchenko has played LB in Russia and for Ukraine, although not his preferred position.

So we would have loads and loads of cover, plus the possibility of 3 at the back.

I also have faith that with a weeks notice, Pep could drill Navas, Delph or Fernandinho into an acceptable fullback for 90 minutes if it was absolutely necessary and the game wasn't against one of the best teams in Europe.

Stones has also played RB for Everton and England, although not brilliantly, and Zinchenko has played LB in Russia and for Ukraine, although not his preferred position.

So we would have loads and loads of cover, plus the possibility of 3 at the back.

I also have faith that with a weeks notice, Pep could drill Navas, Delph or Fernandinho into an acceptable fullback for 90 minutes if it was absolutely necessary and the game wasn't against one of the best teams in Europe.

I agree. Maybe even on a more permanent basis.

I think Denayer could also be absolutely fantastic in a 3, if we can find/teach the right wingbacks to make it work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.