EDS playoff semi v Chelsea

Good fight. Midfield was sound. Not sure about that LB part though they kept on slipping through that side.

Thought we had the right side in control and that guy with the big hair in our pocket.

Too bad about the outcome but they'll learn from it and hopefully be better players in senior side wherever they end up.

I hope we hold on to Glendon, Lopes, Facey and Fofana at least.

lancs blue said:
sam-caddick said:
proudbear said:
Definitely, Lopes, Fofana, Ambrose and Angelino all look highly promising

Those are the stand outs for sure, the rest have very little chance of making it with us in my opinion.

- I like Glendon but due to his position he will need years of experience before he will get game time in our team.

- Ntcham doesn't cut it for me and I thought Ambrose showed what a number ten should be doing when he came on.

- Facey and Plummer look good on the ball and coming out of defence but don't look reliable defensively.

- Hard to judge Hiwula and Cole at this age.

- Both fullbacks were pretty decent.

- Bytyqi looks good in spells but lacked end product mostly.

-- Thu May 01, 2014 9:11 pm --

lancs blue said:
Leigh, Hiwula, Drury, Glendon, Cole, Facey, Plummer all English lads.

If I'm being critical our crossing and set-pieces were poor tonight, just the one good cross I can recall that Bytyqi should have buried in the first half.

I meant where were the local lads for Chelsea, they were mostly foreign.

All the top PL clubs raid the foreign academies now, Baker, Swift, Palmer, Blackman, Brown were the Brits I think plus Feruz who is a Scotland youth international from a Somali refugee family.

Christensen, Ssewankambo and Musonda were the only genuine foreign academy imports. Aina and Dabo are English and Nditi, though foreign, moved here at a relatively young age and scouted locally,

I thought Ntcham was our stand out talent. He had the required pace, power and physique. I also thought he had great technique and an eye for a pass.

He needs to learn the game a bit more, but he has real potential. He and the Chelsea captain & keeper were the best players on show I thought.

Good game, lots of talent.

I also liked the look of Ambrose when he came on, he could be great.

Am I right in thinking that this side is young enough to stay together for next year? And we'll be adding 1 maybe 2 or 3 Nigerians?

Enjoyed watching this. Glendon, Leigh and Facey impressed me, all went about their jobs well.

On last nights evidence Fofana needs some work I think, he clearly has ability but his decision making left a bit to be desired. Similar with Cole, Ntcham and Bytyqi. It wasn't really Hiwula's night but I'm sure he's a useful player too,

Lopes I though was very quiet and struggled to impose himself, whether that was due to his tumble or not I don't know. All told though lots of promise there, and hopefully most of that team can get out on loan next season and get some good experience and development under their belts.

If you read through the comments on here, almost all of City's players impressed somebody whilst others thought the same players were lacking. Often one post is the opposite to the next post. Can't all be right, or wrong.

So clearly some of you haven't got a clue what you were watching. I wonder who ?

I thought we did very well on the whole against a team who relied more on tactical positioning than free play.

schfc6 said:
I thought Ntcham was our stand out talent. He had the required pace, power and physique. I also thought he had great technique and an eye for a pass.

He needs to learn the game a bit more, but he has real potential. He and the Chelsea captain & keeper were the best players on show I thought.

Am I right in thinking that this side is young enough to stay together for next year? And we'll be adding 1 maybe 2 or 3 Nigerians?
I thought Ntcham was dreadful apart from his goal.

Fofana was by far the best player for us everything came from him although he tired in extra time.

Drury was decent at right back and made some excellent over lapping runs. Facey also looked comfortable with the ball at his feet at centre back.

Struggle to see any of the players that started last night making a claim for the first team but they still are all young and plenty of time to develop.

schfc6 said:

an eye for a pass? certainly didn't have the technique to pull even the simplest ones off...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.