EDS versus Blackburn

FantasyIreland

Currently 2 -0,15 mins in......

Fofana and Hiwula<br /><br />-- 24 Mar 2014 19:16 --<br /><br />Team - Lawlor, Drury, Denayer, Plummer, Angelino, Bryan, Fofana, Ntcham, Lopes (c), Cole, Hiwula

sam-caddick said:
How good is Hiwula?

Can anyone see him or Cole making it at PL level?
In some way he reminds me og of Mario Gómez, doesn't do anything spectacular, but boy can he score goals :) just always seem to be tap ins, just not today lol.

Rovers Under-21s were comprehensively beaten 6-0 by an impressive Manchester City side at Leigh Sports Village on Monday evening.
Jordy Mayifuila stole the show with four expertly taken goals as Eric Kinder’s men fell to their heaviest defeat of the season.
Seko Fafana and City captain Marcos Lopes also found the scoresheet on a bitterly disappointing night for the Rovers youngsters.

The visitors made a blistering start and opened the scoring after just five minutes, when Mayifuila finished off a superb free-flowing team move with a low shot under Rovers goalkeeper David Raya.
It could have been 2-0 to City shortly after, when Olivier Ntcham flashed a powerful first-time effort narrowly wide of Raya’s left-hand upright.
But Rovers’ reprieve lasted barely four minutes, as Fafana doubled City’s advantage with an emphatic close-range finish from Drury’s accurate pull-back.
Raya made an excellent flying save to tip over Fafana’s long-range missile, and Devante Cole, son of former Rovers striker Andrew, fired over as City dominated.
Rovers' first real opportunity of the evening came after half an hour, when Bradley Bauress' corner was missed by City goalkeeper Ian Lawlor and headed wide at the back post by Darragh Lenihan.
City's pressure on the Rovers goal was relentless and Mayifuila spurned a great chance to make it 3-0 when he failed to connect with Drury's driven centre.
However, the third goal duly arrived just eight minutes after the restart.
Cole was brought down in the area by Will Beesley and Lopes stepped up to coolly send Raya the wrong way with the subsequent spot-kick.

City made it 4-0 just before the hour, when Mayifuila thumped an unstoppable 20-yard volley into the top corner past a helpless Raya.
Rovers fashioned an excellent opportunity to reduce the arrears on a rare foray into City territory, but Devarn Green blazed well over when clean through.
On 64 minutes, the irresistible Mayifuila completed his hat-trick when he lashed a fierce right-footed effort in off the underside of the crossbar.
It was 6-0 to City barely a minute later, Mayifuila capitalising on some lax defending to fire a crisp low drive into the bottom corner.
Substitute Robbie Cotton was denied by Lawlor as Rovers pushed in vain for a consolation goal.
The menacing Drury struck the outside of the post with a venomous strike late on, but 6-0 was how it finished.

ROVERS: Raya, Fernandez, Beesley, Tanner (sub Doyle 84 min), Tumwa, Lenihan (c), Paulo Jorge (sub Cotton 56 min), Payne, Rittenburg (sub Wall 75 min), Green, Bauress.

Subs not used: Williams, Joel.

MAN CITY: Lawlor, Drury, Tasende, Plummer, Denayer (sub Bossaerts 63 min), Bryan, Lopes (c), Fafana, Mayifuila, Ntcham, Cole (sub Byrne 63 min).

Subs not used: O’Brien, Glendon, Bytyqi.

Goals: Mayifuila 5, 59, 64, 65; Fofana 11; Lopes 53

Read more at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/under-21s-outclassed-by-city-1440116.aspx#juAJUajkmpyJrz3l.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/un ... pyJrz3l.99</a>

spinzer said:
sam-caddick said:
How good is Hiwula?

In some way he reminds me og of Mario Gómez, doesn't do anything spectacular, but boy can he score goals :) just always seem to be tap ins, just not today lol.

I absolutely can't figure him out. Some of his finishes are pure class, that's for sure, but sometimes he doesn't look anything at all. He keeps scoring goals.

I have absolutely no idea what he will become, one way or the other & have no suggestions either way. Just going to watch & see what they do with him.

Cole has come on this season as a wideish striker rather than a cf. The only way to answer the question is to actually see him next to the first team players & see if his game works there. If it does, he's cracked it.

Neville Kneville said:
spinzer said:
sam-caddick said:
How good is Hiwula?

I absolutely can't figure him out. Some of his finishes are pure class, that's for sure, but sometimes he doesn't look anything at all. He keeps scoring goals.

I have absolutely no idea what he will become, one way or the other & have no suggestions either way. Just going to watch & see what they do with him.

Cole has come on this season as a wideish striker rather than a cf. The only way to answer the question is to actually see him next to the first team players & see if his game works there. If it does, he's cracked it.
I think Hiwula could do with a championsship loan, would suit him right and i think he would excell in that league tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.