EDS versus Blackburn

spinzer said:
Neville Kneville said:
spinzer said:
In some way he reminds me og of Mario Gómez, doesn't do anything spectacular, but boy can he score goals :) just always seem to be tap ins, just not today lol.

I absolutely can't figure him out. Some of his finishes are pure class, that's for sure, but sometimes he doesn't look anything at all. He keeps scoring goals.

I have absolutely no idea what he will become, one way or the other & have no suggestions either way. Just going to watch & see what they do with him.

Cole has come on this season as a wideish striker rather than a cf. The only way to answer the question is to actually see him next to the first team players & see if his game works there. If it does, he's cracked it.
I think Hiwula could do with a championsship loan, would suit him right and i think he would excell in that league tbh.

I would prefer if he was sent to Melbourne next season

It is a very physical league from what I can see and this would probably suit him more.

Game highlights - very enjoyable!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highlights/2014/March/Blackburn-v-City-EDS-match-highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-high ... highlights</a>

Hiwula looked very special,although all appear to have performed superbly.

Just watched the highlights, and with the usual caveats that it is "only" the highlights and I've no idea of the quality of the opposition on the night (were they a lot younger etc), fuck me they lads looked good!

Some quality finishing from Jordy and some lovely interplay between them all too.

celticfc482 said:
Fofana seems a standout over the last few months as well. Does anyone know much about him?

The new Viera ;-)

He is a great talent,very powerful and probably more in a Yaya mould...... however,still very raw and inconsistent.

He needs to start producing more soon as I think he's approaching 20?

Edit - 19 in May,so a bit more time than I thought!

sam-caddick said:
How good is Hiwula?

Can anyone see him or Cole making it at PL level?

Hiwula is a goalscorer. He'll make a career in the game. His all round game though is lacking. He's not great back to goal and doesn't hold the ball up past a basic level. He's got to develop his game and add more to it fast with Ambrose on the horizon for his place next year.

Cole has come on leaps and bounds this season. Developed physically and he's taking up better positions. The speed and skill has always been there, playing in a wider role has developed him game no end. Looks to have grown up a lot. I still see him as a striker eventually but his game has developed.

In terms of chances here in the first team I'd say Hiwula none and Cole slim<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:07 am --<br /><br />
FantasyIreland said:
celticfc482 said:
Fofana seems a standout over the last few months as well. Does anyone know much about him?

The new Viera ;-)

He is a great talent,very powerful and probably more in a Yaya mould...... however,still very raw and inconsistent.

Similar to Cole and Bytiqi, everytime you see Fofana, he's that little bit better.

FantasyIreland said:
celticfc482 said:

The new Viera ;-)

Yaya's passing, skills and controll with the ball is much more exquisite, the only comparison i see with fofana and Yaya is their physiques, some of their direct runs with the ball and then their color, thats about it... Fofana is quite limited on the ball, but he excells because physiquely he is so much stronger than most of the lads he is up against.

And that's why I said 'in the mould'......he's 18 for Gods sake.....he isn't going to be anywhere near a complete player.
Yaya was used because,i believe,he is the closest relevant example of the player Fofana could 'potentially' be if everything falls into place and he develops all areas of his raw talent.

And the signs are exciting as,recently,he seems to be improving at a good rate.

FantasyIreland said:
And that's why I said 'in the mould'......he's 18 for Gods sake.....he isn't going to be anywhere near a complete player.
Yaya was used because,i believe,he is the closest relevant example of the player Fofana could 'potentially' be if everything falls into place and he develops all areas of his raw talent.

I agree Fantasy and remember Yaya wandered over many different football landscapes before he arrived at City. It's only now that I believe Yaya is at the peak of his powers.

We are far too hasty to rush to judgement with the young players. I actually think Cole has developed physically more so than Hiwula, and therefore has the physicality to handle playing against men.

I know that we let Sturridge go. Perhaps it was partly because some thought he wouldn't make it. I wouldn't like to see Cole or Fofana go the same way and then become first team players elsewhere and a success like Sturridge.

jollylescott said:
FantasyIreland said:

I agree Fantasy and remember Yaya wandered over many different football landscapes before he arrived at City. It's only now that I believe Yaya is at the peak of his powers.

We are far too hasty to rush to judgement with the young players. I actually think Cole has developed physically more so than Hiwula, and therefore has the physicality to handle playing against men.

I know that we let Sturridge go. Perhaps it was partly because some thought he wouldn't make it. I wouldn't like to see Cole or Fofana go the same way and then become first team players elsewhere and a success like Sturridge.
True i have not seen Yaya play as a young player so i have no idea how he was on the ball back then, but i could imagine he had some skill ;)
Cole kinda reminds me of Sturridge tbh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.