EDS vs Bolton at Home 05/02

Damocles

Administrator
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/EDS-news/2014/City-EDS-v-Bolton-Wanderers-match-preview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/EDS-news/201 ... ch-preview</a>

Patrick Vieira’s men host Bolton Wanderers on Wednesday night, aiming to extend their winning streak to nine games.

City earned their eighth win in a row with a 2-1 victory over neighbours Manchester United at the AJ Bell Stadium last time out.

Goals from Greg Leigh and George Glendon ensured City travelled back across Manchester with all three points – as well as the local bragging rights.

Boss Patrick Vieira was delighted with the win, which sees City continue their steady ascendency up the u21 Premier League table.

“It was strange because I felt like we conceded a goal when we were playing better,” Vieira reflected.

...Patrick Vieira...

“It was really important to play our football and I was really pleased because the focus and the determination to win the game was there.

"This kind of game, with the pressure will help the boys develop. And seeing City beating United is always good!”

Vieira’s men currently occupy sixth place in the table, but have a game in hand over four of the five teams above them and will seek to make that count against Wanderers.

The Blues will be without Emyr Huws, who has joined fellow EDS midfielder Albert Rusnak on loan at Birmingham, while George Evans has extended his temporary spell at Crewe until the end of the season.

Marcos Lopes could feature, after making the bench for the first team against Chelsea on Monday night.

Meanwhile, Bolton have won three of their last five league fixtures, triumphing over Aston Villa, Leicester and Liverpool, but losing out to Chelsea and Southampton.

The Trotters also exited the U21 Premier League Cup at the hands of local rivals Burnley.

Kick off is at 7pm (GMT) at Ewen Fields, Hyde. We’ll have regular updates on twitter as well as a full match report on mcfc.co.uk shortly after full time.

CITY EDS XI: Lawlor, Drury, Facey, Denayer, Leigh, Glendon, Fofana, Lopes (c), Bytyqi, Cole, Hiwula. Subs coming up. #mcfc #bwfc

Strong side even without Huws (and Rusnak).

Lawlor

Drury, Facey, Denayer, Leigh

Glendon, Fofana, Lopes (c)

Bytyqi, Cole, Hiwula

I keep seeing Facey at centre half but I remember there being a fuss about him at right back when Richards went down. How often has he been over there?

Damocles said:
Lawlor

Bytyqi, Cole, Hiwula

I keep seeing Facey at centre half but I remember there being a fuss about him at right back when Richards went down. How often has he been over there?

He's played a good few games at centre half,maybe part of his 'education'...... but still a right back for me and one who probably should have been given a chance by now.

You don't seem convinced on him at CB, FI.

How close to League Cup/FA Cup level is he at RB? Is he as attacking as Leigh on the other side?

Damocles said:
Lawlor

Bytyqi, Cole, Hiwula

Christ that lad Bytyqi would a dream for a game of football Scrabble!

Well its lashing it down and fare play to the lads out there, city having most of the play but being caught on the counter with Lawlor making a couple if good saves so far a good strike by fofana and Bytyqi has just made it 2-0...enjoying it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.