EDS vs Derby 19:00

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by mccity, 7 Apr 2017.

1. Sensanetional

Sensanetional

Expect the new kid Benjamin Garré to make a cameo tomorrow aswell..

2. AshLunn92

AshLunn92

Agree with all of that but I think ambrose deserves a mention. He was outstanding again tonight, really found his flow again. Him and Diaz are the two who look to be outgrowing the academy now I think. They are both technically gifted and hard working but most importantly they are intelligent. Ambrose fought for every ball and looked dangerous throughout the second half.

the problem with Ambrose is I don't see any opportunities with the first team likely to present themselves to him when even Kelechi can't get a game. Diaz on the other hand... I will genuinely be absolutely gutted if he hasn't got a place in our first team within the next 1-2 years

3. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

Now that would be fun but is he allowed to play yet?. Many of tomorrow's team were at tonight's game and one of them was Bobby Duncan. Can't wait to see him in action.

Last edited: 8 Apr 2017
  4. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

You are spot on , Ambrose did deserve a very positive mention. Considering he was involved with the first team two years back and he is looking like he is getting back to his best. Just love his efforts getting to the longer balls.He wins headers he has no right to, takes balls on the chest others would be heading and is great at bringing others into play.

His goal was a real poachers goal and the one he nearly got getting onto that pass onto his chest and volleying just wide before the ball hit the ground was nothing short of sensational. Surely a must for the pre season tour. I would be taking 5 or 6 of our "kids"

5. twosips

twosips

If anyone fancies a more...er....alternative view of tonight's game then here you go! haha.

The sun was out and I was feeling creative so I made a 'vlog' of my evening at the game! Really, really enjoyed it.

Can only echo Nelly and Ash's posts re Ambrose. He's an excellent player who will, by hook or crook, make his way to the top of the game, even if it means leaving City first.

6. ColinLee

ColinLee

Except for Garre taking Bolton's place (without inside knowledge impossible to predict) that was a pretty good guess.

7. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

Good to see Garre wasn't it. I can only assume Bolton has some kind of injury or maybe it was felt a rest might be wise.

Duheaney missed both Derby and Chelsea games but hopes to be fit for the cup final he said today. Watching on with Nmecha and Sancho.