Effenberg - Dont give the EPL Ideas mate!

It would have kept us up in 96 and probably saw Coventry down. All they ever did was cling on in 17th.

I’m not saying I like the Argentine idea, just joining in the thread which is to discuss different format ideas.
Yeah I'm with you mate, it's good to discuss this kind of thing, I just feel most changes are about money rather than the progression of the game, sometimes less is more and football is the perfect example for me ...

We need premier league 2. Two leagues of 18 with tv money split 36 ways. No parachute money needed and, getting relaegated from the PL, wouldn’t be the financial disaster it is now. Might encourage teams to stick with managers and to,think about playing some reasonably expansive football. Failing that, do what Herbert Chapman suggested in the 30’s and have half the teams relegated every season. Relegation is then no big stigma and the chances of getting promoted the following season would be much improved. Last game of the season could be Europe if you win, relegation if you lose.....

Surprised the Prem didn't decide to adopt this idea for this season only, as we have been ruining their competition

We need premier league 2. Two leagues of 18 with tv money split 36 ways. No parachute money needed and, getting relaegated from the PL, wouldn’t be the financial disaster it is now. Might encourage teams to stick with managers and to,think about playing some reasonably expansive football. Failing that, do what Herbert Chapman suggested in the 30’s and have half the teams relegated every season. Relegation is then no big stigma and the chances of getting promoted the following season would be much improved. Last game of the season could be Europe if you win, relegation if you lose.....
This.

The most sensible and easiest one to put in place.

Yeah I'm with you mate, it's good to discuss this kind of thing, I just feel most changes are about money rather than the progression of the game, sometimes less is more and football is the perfect example for me ...
I think UEFA are on the right tracks with the Nations League but the need to go the whole hog. It’s sad that we’ll probably never see England play away to Argentina in our lives. Do away with qualification and have continuous leagues. So many then qualify automatically and then a play off system for some places. When the Euros roll round you simply look at the leagues and ignore all non Europeans and use the same qualification system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.