EFL Cup final

its only a matter of time mate, when within 1 minute the whole viewing public knew it wasn't offside, everyone watching on tv and those with twitter inside the ground
the only people who didn't were the officials.
yes they made a call, but check, the ball was dead, its a no brainer
Within one minute? More like 5 seconds. Watched Bath v Bristol rugby yesterday and Bath scored a great try that was checked by the TMO and within seconds was chalked off as the players foot had gone into touch about half a second before the ball the touched down. Before technology that try would have been awarded although surely it is right not to have been. Why, when a goal is scored can't the officials ask, is that a goal yes or no. It will only take a few seconds to see if there had been an offside leading up to the goal.

Within one minute? More like 5 seconds. Watched Bath v Bristol rugby yesterday and Bath scored a great try that was checked by the TMO and within seconds was chalked off as the players foot had gone into touch about half a second before the ball the touched down. Before technology that try would have been awarded although surely it is right not to have been. Why, when a goal is scored can't the officials ask, is that a goal yes or no. It will only take a few seconds to see if there had been an offside leading up to the goal.
And the reply from Mr Gill in his role as video ref would be "the goal stands".

Prize money is indicative of prestige and success, no?
I know what you mean but personally you won't find me ever talking about how much the club earns but i'll talk all day long about trophies we've won.
It's only my opinion but clubs celebrating finishing 3rd or 4th is madness, celebrate winning a trophy by all means but celebrate failure at coming 4th ?

Not that it matters at all now, but Dermot Gallagher has called the offisde goal being disallowed a game changer, and also agrees that Lingard should have walked. Hope someone is keeping count of the rags luck this season. Is it 8 or 9 offisde goals in their favour given, and 6 disallowed for their opponents for offside? Of which the vast majority have been labelled as wrong decisions. Whilst nobody likes a decision going against them or for their rivals, that is some pretty interesting 'luck' they are having over there so far.

Key quote from Gallagher: It's a big error. This is what we'd call a key match decision, and it affects the outcome of the game.

If this stuff evens itself out then it would make their remaining games wonderfully rewarding to watch as a City fan. Full article below:

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...offside-call-and-jesse-lingard-should-see-red

Not that it matters at all now, but Dermot Gallagher has called the offisde goal being disallowed a game changer, and also agrees that Lingard should have walked. Hope someone is keeping count of the rags luck this season. Is it 8 or 9 offisde goals in their favour given, and 6 disallowed for their opponents for offside? Of which the vast majority have been labelled as wrong decisions. Whilst nobody likes a decision going against them or for their rivals, that is some pretty interesting 'luck' they are having over there so far.

Key quote from Gallagher: It's a big error. This is what we'd call a key match decision, and it affects the outcome of the game.

If this stuff evens itself out then it would make their remaining games wonderfully rewarding to watch as a City fan. Full article below:

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...offside-call-and-jesse-lingard-should-see-red

As a previous poster said there is too much money in this game for it not to be manipulated I some way. Some clubs are far more susceptible to these "match changing decisions" going against them than others, and that's all down to our media I belueve.

As well as all the offside goals they have been given and the legitimate goals the opposition have had chalked off what about the reds they should have received which would have resulted in different outcomes to games plus suspensions. Rojo x 2 (Palace & Everton I think), Ibra x 2 ( us and WBA), Pogbad (Liverpool), Lindgard - any more. It' a frightening amount of bad calls already - has any other team had so much luck. Too coincidental in my mind not to be fixed. A bit like players such as Morgan, Huth, Drinkwater etc turning into world beaters overnight after countless seasons of dross and then returning to type after just one season. The game is fixed, bent, corrupt - call it what you want but it isn't a level playing field

mickey-mouse-coffee-mug-disney-park.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.