Elano is class

Have to agree, Elano at the start of lat season really played 'in the hole' and opposing teams couldn't pick him up which made him so devastating early on but later in the season injury, out of position and other teams sticking a man on him he struggled to regain form.

The problem he has got this season is Irelands form and the fact that Stevie does a hell of a lot of running into the box whereas I think Elano likes to play just outside and test the keeper from 20 yards.

did anyone else think his work rate at the start of the season had improved? Maybe it was just me but I felt he was playing deeper and was working harder allowing Ireland to get forward only to be dropped under whatever circumstances.

Anyway he was quality for Brazil the other night coming in from the right hopefully if he plays against pompey he can bring that form with him.

End of speech!!

Elano is brilliant I really hope he does play today I think he will assist both goals in a 0-2 victory.

i hope he plays for us today like he played for brazil the other day!!!

Elano is class, simple as, people wonder why he he's not consistent and that's down to playing 10 minutes everyweek coming from the bench then when we does come on he doesn't always play in his favoured position, imo Elano is the best passer of the ball at city and has been since the minute he arrived in 2007

He just doesn't fit into the Hughes style of play does. Although he is a class act who would make a number of premiership and continental sides he is really struggling to adapt to this brand of football we are playing right now. I guess you just can't just shoe horn players into to certain sides as keane found out recently at the bin dippers

Mike D said:
He just doesn't fit into the Hughes style of play does. Although he is a class act who would make a number of premiership and continental sides he is really struggling to adapt to this brand of football we are playing right now. I guess you just can't just shoe horn players into to certain sides as keane found out recently at the bin dippers

Good post, Elano slows us down, his play is patient build up, weher as everyone else benefits from quick short passes. Unless we play Big Phil or Evans up front to hold the ball up he's wasted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.