Elano

Great player, loved him. He made City fun to watch again. We went from Joey Barton in midfield to Elano who was a Brazil regular in the space of a few months.

Those first few months he was brilliant.

Remember this like it was yesterday.

Wonderful free-kick.

elano03.gif

One or two forgetting that Hughes signed Zabaleta, Kompany, De Jong, Barry and Tevez amongst others.

Elano was a lazy and disruptive player who never fulfilled his potential.

One or two forgetting that Hughes signed Zabaleta, Kompany, De Jong, Barry and Tevez amongst others.

Was he fuck. Hughes had him sat on the bench wasting away, sat next to Sturridge, while Ched Evans got game time.

Only yesterday I caught the 3-3 with Burnley on BT before our game. I was at that game and it was horrible, still remember the boos at the end. Watching it yesterday, I looked at the formation and it was an absolute shambles at the time.

We had Adebayor just doing what he wanted around midfield, Tevez double marked and Bellamy and SWP just hugging the sidelines. Barry behind them and nobody feeding all those attackers.

Say what you will about Elano but he could create and feed chances out of nothing.

He made Ireland look like Xavi and it was no coincidence Ireland was never even close to the same player without Elano's movement and passes.

Elano was absolutely fantastic for us and his form only dropped when Nery Castillo was shoehorned into what was a solid team, and then when Hughes came in he showed him zero respect.

I saw an interview with him recently and it was clear he loved his time at City, and his kids are still blues. I know one ex player who was absolutely livid he was let go before Mancini's time. We can only drool at the thought of an Elano,Silva, Nasri team.

One or two forgetting that Hughes signed Zabaleta, Kompany, De Jong, Barry and Tevez amongst others

Visited Carrington regularly to watch City train, couldn't fault Mr Blumer always gave 100%, now Robinho was a different kettle of fish, Elano was always on his case keeping him in line !

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.