Elano

moomba said:
The people who do the stats. You do understand the concept of an assist attempt don't you?
do you mean an attempt to assist a player who would otherwise have scored if the pass had come off, moomba?
and, that being the case, who judges that the player would definitely have scored had the pass been successful?
and, if so, do the 'statto's' go on probability %, and what is the cut-off % used?

Ntini77 said:
LOL Fair enough, I'm just surprised you always post them.

I do because people are posting a lot of "opinion" that is clearly incorrect and can be proven so by stats.

Admittedly the assist attempt stat is a more subjective one, so i's more indicative than hard evidence.

moomba said:
Ntini77 said:
LOL Fair enough, I'm just surprised you always post them.

I do because people are posting a lot of "opinion" that is clearly incorrect and can be proven so by stats.

Admittedly the assist attempt stat is a more subjective one, so i's more indicative than hard evidence.

But all I said on this thread was that Elano played well but did a lot of sideways passes.

I don't see how you've proved me wrong with these stats though as you've just said yourself that 'assist attempts' are more subjective than actual factual.

The Oracle said:
simon23 said:
elano was excellent today

in the first half especially he just sat in front of the back four picking passes.....a lot of them simple passes (so much for always going for the hollywood pass that some people accuse of him of trying to play all the time).

his pass to help set up the third goal to swp was excellent.

he put himself about and tracked back.

tackling might not be his strongest assett but he at least tries to tackle.

agree ireland was MOTM but elano was very good also

as for the MUEN ratings...how they gave Jo a 7 is beyond me....he was pretty poor but he needs time to develop and we wont lose anything by having patience with him for at least another season or two
Seems like we're talking at cross-purposes.
I didn't notice Elano much in the first half as I only caught about half of it: thats great if he was playing deep and playing some nice simple passes.

But theres no doubt but that in the second half, which is what I've been banging on about too many of his passes went astray.

Lets hope we get two 'first half' performances from him at Blackburn then!

when you are trying to play the killer pass it is often a very fine line if it comes off or not so its not suprising that some of his passes dont make it....his pass completion rate was the third highest...he covered a lot of ground and helped set up the third goal......he got badly fouled a number of times and just picked himself up and got on with it......

i think he is starting to feel comfortable with letting ireland do all the running and getting the plaudits and he is now just happy to sit there and dictate the play as he did. In the first half he was almost playing the makelele role without the crunching tackles

simon23 said:
The Oracle said:
Seems like we're talking at cross-purposes.
I didn't notice Elano much in the first half as I only caught about half of it: thats great if he was playing deep and playing some nice simple passes.

But theres no doubt but that in the second half, which is what I've been banging on about too many of his passes went astray.

Lets hope we get two 'first half' performances from him at Blackburn then!

when you are trying to play the killer pass it is often a very fine line if it comes off or not so its not suprising that some of his passes dont make it....his pass completion rate was the third highest...he covered a lot of ground and helped set up the third goal......he got badly fouled a number of times and just picked himself up and got on with it......

i think he is starting to feel comfortable with letting ireland do all the running and getting the plaudits and he is now just happy to sit there and dictate the play as he did. In the first half he was almost playing the makelele role without the crunching tackles
he definitely looked to have improved with regards to keeping his head.
But those passes that I saw not coming off were a long way off being on the money.

But the important thing is he's improved a lot on recent performances.
And lets hope he'll be even better on Sunday, and, just as important keeps his head when the likes of Samba and Nelsen 'test him out.
Because I seem to recall they took it in turns to nobble him this time last season

Ntini77 said:
But all I said on this thread was that Elano played well but did a lot of sideways passes.

I don't see how you've proved me wrong with these stats though as you've just said yourself that 'assist attempts' are more subjective than actual factual.

You are correct, the stats don't prove that you are wrong.

But I still think you're wrong.

Thought Elano had an overall postive impact today, which is all you can ask for really. Worked fairly hard, played some good passes and seemed pretty comfortable. He'll probably improve with more games, and confidence.

Anyone got any stats for how many times a player shits out? Thought not...

Elano played some good football today and some nice passes, he also worked very hard which was good to see. Today was an easy game and he looked decent but in the prem there will be games when we are up against it and physical teams will rough us up and in these sort of games I'm afraid elano will still come unstuck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.