Elections

SWP's back

Well that wasn't very good for Labour was it.

First opposition since 1985 to lose English council seats and near enough wiped out in Scotland.

Are Labour going to do the decent thing for British politics now and replace Corbyn with someone electable. The country needs a strong opposition to stop the worst excesses of the Tories.

Well that wasn't very good for Labour was it.

First opposition since 1985 to lose English council seats and near enough wiped out in Scotland.

Are Labour going to do the decent thing for British politics now and replace Corbyn with someone electable. The country needs a strong opposition to stop the worst excesses of the Tories.
It is the first election where I've been in the country and chosen not to vote. I wouldn't mind I walked my dogs past the pub where my polling station was, stopped then kept on walking. I cannot bring myself to put an X in a box marked labour while the heirachy of the party is littered with clowns. The Labour I support is not one which cretins likes Diane Abbot hold any kind of shadow ministerial post, the labour I support does not spout anti semitic bile, the labour I support does not support withdrawal from Nato, I could go on. Hurry back the RIGHT Miliband brother, your country and your party needs you. Labour can govern again, we would be quite formidable in England at least with David in charge flanked by Keir Starmer, Hillary Benn, Chris Leslie, Rachel Reeves, Dan Jarvis, Yvette Cooper and Caroline Flint.

Last edited:
Shaky night for Labour in Wales too although they have clung on to a lot of seats they could have easily lost. Tories fucked up here, they had a great set of results in last GE but couldn't get the vote out this time round in the equivalent senedd seats. Lib Dems down to one, they usually have a lot more and Plaid have done quite well as well. UKIP on zero so far but they will get five I reckon when the list seats are announced.

Tories are second in Scotland, Labour have been crushed, it's mad.

Unbelievably, it looks like the Conservatives will be the largest party in Scotland, after the SNP.
At this stage of tenure, incumbent governments are usually battered, even Miliband got massive gains, but in England
they appear to have barely held on to most seats, and lost a few, which is telling.
Corbyn must be first on Cameron's Christmas card list.

Leighton Andrews one of the biggest wankers down Cardiff Bay has tried to ban more things than I care to remember (including E-cigs) has been defeated by Leanne Wood in the Rhondda, he called her a cheap date during the campaign. Interestingly a few Labour voices down here have blamed Corbyn and the Anti Semitism row for losses.

Unbelievably, it looks like the Conservatives will be the largest party in Scotland, after the SNP.
At this stage of tenure, incumbent governments are usually battered, even Miliband got massive gains, but in England
they appear to have barely held on to most seats, and lost a few, which is telling.
Corbyn must be first on Cameron's Christmas card list.
Labour are a lost cause in Scotland now, which makes their position as a possible ruling party in the rest of the country difficult. The SNP have the left wing vote there and those who took the difficult decision to swap a lifetime of voting red to yellow will not swing back unless something catastrophic happens to the nationalists.

Labour's future is a long term pact with the Lib Dems. The country must have a strong opposition.

It is the first election where I've been in the country and chosen not to vote. I wouldn't mind I walked my dogs past the pub where my polling station was, stopped then kept on walking. I cannot bring myself to put an X in a box marked labour while the heirachy of the party is littered with clowns. The Labour I support is not one which cretins likes Diane Abbot hold any kind of shadow ministerial post, the labour I support does not spout anti semitic bile, the labour I support does not support withdrawal from Nato, I could go on. Hurry back the RIGHT Miliband brother, your country and your party needs you. Labour can govern again, we would be quite formidable in England at least with David in charge flanked by Keir Starmer, Hillary Benn, Chris Leslie, Rachel Reeves, Dan Jarvis, Yvette Cooper and Caroline Flint.

Have you considered the Liberal Democrats?

I'd rather have the Tories in unnaposed forever than racist anti Semites like corbyn as opposition. Its all very well corbyn having his 'principles' but surely its time for labour to just say whatever it takesvto get elected rather than persecuting Jews all the time? I'm proud that my country has rejected labour plans for a new Holocaust at the ballot box and voted the only way that can benefit the ordinary working folk of this country.

Reading on twitter furious exchanges between SNP and Scottish greens, the Greens have cost the SNP a few seats apparently and have allowed the Tories to nick them due to the split in the vote. A lot of lifelong Labour parties have voted for the Tories this time in order to increase the chances of a unionist party getting in. I can't see the Indy debate ever going away now, far too much damage has been done.

Have you considered the Liberal Democrats?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.