Elephant in the room - This is our City Pre-Game video

As an over-60 who can't stand Werther's this vid misses its target by miles, for a rounded summary of our history it also needs to include some snippets or quotes from Swales about overtaking the rags or Steve Coppell's resignation presser or just put Pollock's o.g. on a loop.

Oh and bin the narrator and his faux Manc accent.

I think that there’s too much humility ingrained into some City fans psyche. Be loud and proud just as we used to when we were great and then shite.

I believe that it voiced by David Threlfall aka Frank Gallagher.

Isn't it written and spoken by Tony Walsh, the poet that read his poem out at the vigil at the town hall after the arena bombing?

Kind of agree that it's overkill seeing it every other week, but its content for the most part is pretty true and poignant at times. Managed by genius and you're playing us all rile slightly, but it's written by a Manc and is pretty good for me.

I think that there’s too much humility ingrained into some City fans psyche. Be loud and proud just as we used to when we were great and then shite.
Its nothing at all to do with that.its the fact thats its embarrassingly done. The accent is fake. The whole thing is fake. The 12th man bit is horrible. " your fighting us alll bit" is cringy. Its like it was put together by someone who had been in a coma for the past 10 years and had been show small clippings of city and then a summary of the manchester bombing reaction.....

For whatever reason the media team want to avoid any connection to any true sentiment and it seems they panic'd and came out with that bollocks.

Between that and the paranoid player announcer you wont be getting much atmosphere out of the crowd apart from what is created in spite of the misfires.

Last edited:
None of the razzamatazz at our place floats my boat but I’m sure kids love that sort of thing. I had to laugh at the players stood around while Blue Moon was playing before kick off!
Haha yeah it went on forever, one verse and fade out in the quick bit would have been plenty.

Last edited:
I prefer last season's. I don't like the voice over.
Last seasons was better 100% it’s the ‘yer playing us all’ final line that I hate. Last year’s got the blood pumping a bit this years it’s a bit cringe.

As an over-60 who can't stand Werther's this vid misses its target by miles, for a rounded summary of our history it also needs to include some snippets or quotes from Swales about overtaking the rags or Steve Coppell's resignation presser or just put Pollock's o.g. on a loop.

Oh and bin the narrator and his faux Manc accent.
or an aggressive walking video

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.