Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep has known since day 1 that Mangala isn't a very intelligent player. No amount of training under Pep will make Mangala good enough on the ball. Or make him find spaces between the lines.

Pep isn't a magician.

Honestly shouldn’t start for us again. Tosin is much better. The games that both have started together it was clear that Tosin was significantly better.

Let’s get any fee we can for him.

IMO , Mangala (who stepped up to play although still wearing a mask to protect his injury) made mistakes but so did every other player (some made more mistakes than Mangala!!).

Defensively we were poor but that was across the whole team not just the back four and keeper.

When the forwards and midfielders are on their game defensively, our back four and keeper have less to do and look better. This wasn't the case last night and it was a problem in the Wolves game also.

In his programme notes Pep highlighted that against Burnley " John Stones made a mistake...but that is not the problem. The key factor is how he responded. He didn't let his head go down. That is the way this club will continue to make steps forward over the next years."

IMO I think Pep would prefer us as fans to get behind the players after their mistakes and not castigate them. Some of the comments about Mangala are ridiculous and are quite clearly from people who weren't even at the game.Watching it on TV just doesn't give you the whole picture .

We win as a team, we draw as a team, we lose as a team. It's the Pep philosophy. If you don't buy into it go watch ManUre instead.
CTID

I was at the game and I can't believe it could have looked any worse on the TV.

He was more Dog&Duck than Premiership footballer last night..absolutely shocking..just panicking and hoofing the ball into touch when Not tripping over his own feet..has a Toure-esqe turning circle and the grace of a triceratops

Like a BTEC Micah Richards

The lad can defend, he just isnt a great footballer and he isnt suited to a Pep side.

Its not his fault and there are lots more out there that would suffer the exact same because their lack of composure on the ball and passing ability would be seen for what it is.

The lad can defend, he just isnt a great footballer and he isnt suited to a Pep side.

Its not his fault and there are lots more out there that would suffer the exact same because their lack of composure on the ball and passing ability would be seen for what it is.
Wrong. Completely wrong. He cannot defend.And you’ve given an excellent resume of why: lack of composure, poor passing. Both pre-requisites of a defender. Both pre-requisites of being a footballer. At any level. The bloke just hasn’t got it. And never will.An utter liability from day one.

Wrong. Completely wrong. He cannot defend.And you’ve given an excellent resume of why: lack of composure, poor passing. Both pre-requisites of a defender. Both pre-requisites of being a footballer. At any level. The bloke just hasn’t got it. And never will.An utter liability from day one.

And yet Pep chooses to play him. So who is "wrong. Completely wrong" ?
If Mangala was really as bad a player as you and others claim why on earth would Pep play him? Why would he take the risk?
In every game Pep has chosen to play Mangala are you really saying that he had no options with any other player in the squad?
He always has other options but he chooses to play Mangala.

I know that some blue mooners will find it hard to believe but maybe Pep's judgement is better than theirs.
The boo boys need to have someone to bully. Last season it was Bravo, this season it's Mangala.
Wonder who they will pick on next season?

I'd rather just support whoever plays for my team because I'm damned sure Pep knows more about the players than I do.
CTID

And yet Pep chooses to play him. So who is "wrong. Completely wrong" ?
If Mangala was really as bad a player as you and others claim why on earth would Pep play him? Why would he take the risk?
In every game Pep has chosen to play Mangala are you really saying that he had no options with any other player in the squad?
He always has other options but he chooses to play Mangala.

I know that some blue mooners will find it hard to believe but maybe Pep's judgement is better than theirs.
The boo boys need to have someone to bully. Last season it was Bravo, this season it's Mangala.
Wonder who they will pick on next season?

I'd rather just support whoever plays for my team because I'm damned sure Pep knows more about the players than I do.
CTID
He plays Bravo enough said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.