Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sell Mangala and sign Evans we will lack a centre back who has excellent recovery speed. We could be extremely vulnerable against sides who counter attack at pace.

If we sell Mangala and sign Evans we will lack a centre back who has excellent recovery speed. We could be extremely vulnerable against sides who counter attack at pace.
we would also be vulnerable if the Managler was given the ball to play out with. Nice fella and a great traditional defender, but doesn't have the attributes we now need in a CB.

If this guy ain't better than Jonny fucking Evans then my name isn't ws01 and Wayne Rooney doesn't shag grannies.

I honestly don't think the Mangler is that bad a centre half. Alright he's no Franco Baresi, but he can defend, he's got pace and power and despite not having the greatest of times since joining has been a model pro and never once moaned. I still remember the two semis against PSG when he had the humble and modest Cyrano De Bergerac in his back pocket and when he easily outmuscled Teenwolf on his debut against Chelsea. Come on Pep give the bloke a chance, Stones has dropped a few bolloocks, but doesn't get half the hammer Eli does.

When we make signings like this that increase our total gross spend considerably we create a sort of expectation to win the league in the minds of many. Wish Kolarov agreed to stay.

He'a a unit, powerful (he and Kompany rag-dolled Diego Costa I seem to remember) very good in the air, very quick, but....the problem is he's a bit shakey on the ball and not good enough in that dept for Pep. Jonny Evans is better on the ball but Mangala can cover the ground very quickly which is very useful with the amount of space we leave in behind. £30m for Evans is too much, keep Mangala if thats the cost and use funds to strengthen elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.