Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was easily to spot Mangala hardly had played an official match up until last night. But he was needed as WBA made it a physical game. Good enough for me to have as a squad player. But if he's not wanted, and it looks that way, we should be able to get an upgrade.

For all the knockers out there he had a very tidy game last night didn't put a foot wrong and you could see his confidence grew as the game went on. Despite the cries of he's not a Pep player personally I think that he was tailor made for last nights game. Big strong lad kept the big West Brom lads at bay. We need to keep him because of games like that and ones we will get at the swamp when they start pumping the big balls up to Felllani and Lukaku.

For all the knockers out there he had a very tidy game last night didn't put a foot wrong and you could see his confidence grew as the game went on. Despite the cries of he's not a Pep player personally I think that he was tailor made for last nights game. Big strong lad kept the big West Brom lads at bay. We need to keep him because of games like that and ones we will get at the swamp when they start pumping the big balls up to Felllani and Lukaku.

Agree with most of that, Mike, but see my post #244 in this thread. ;-)

I also think that he, and indeed Stones for that matter, needs someone more experienced beside him when the going gets tough, which it certainly did in the final twenty minutes last night.

Agree with most of that, Mike, but see my post #244 in this thread. ;-)

I also think that he, and indeed Stones for that matter, needs someone more experienced beside him when the going gets tough, which it certainly did in the final twenty minutes last night.
Agreed and that's why Vinnie is so important for his leadership skills alone. For the rag game in particular I think that we should go with the 3 of Vinnie, Stones and Mangala just to combat that aerial threat of Lukaku and Fellani. You just know that Maureen is gonna park the bus and go for the big booming balls over the top when they need a goal from somewhere. Managala is an asset and we need to start using him

Nice to see him on the field last night. You can see he is really trying to embrace Pep's philosophy and there were one or two occasions when Bravo passed it to him under a press that he was quick to shift it on. A good solid pro who will get more opportunities to hone his talents.

He’s still not good enough on the ball for the team. Gundogan bailed him out many times yesterday. BUT he’s very much willing to learn it seems and Pep’s willing to give him a chance so let’s hope he keeps getting better and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.