Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair points,with mangler he has only been training with pep since july so i think he does have the scope to improve a lot and with more games played i think he will

It's a long, old season, and there's gonna be many a bump 'n bruise that could see any two or three from Stones, Otters and Kompers being sidelined. The lad will be needed and I think we ought to give him some wholehearted support, regardless of the cock-ups that might ensue. Not every CB can be Franco Baresi nor Dave Ewing - most are not blessed with such sublime skills as the two aforementioned!

He needs more game time. I think in some games you look at him and think he should be dominating the game but fails to do so. I honestly think the guy can do a good job for us. He will get some game time until Stones gets back and I think Pep might just wait until the end of the season before fully deciding on what to do with him. So he will be there and around the squad and will play a few games. I honestly think him and Ottamendi together is a problem both can have the odd fuck up either beside Kompany and the look a different player. So who are the teams we can afford to play both against?? I thought Mangala and Kompany done well last weekend together.

Not bad at all at his job which is defending. Problem is he plays in a team where CB's typically make the most passes. So not very good at his job in this team. We miss an edge when Manga plays but I like the lad. Let's get behind him.

Play him with Otamendi against Soton. No point to risk Kompany.

Would be a major confidence boost for Mangala to start. He would be fresh and seems he is improving. Leicester game was a major improvement on the Wolves match. Play him tomorrow, play him against Shakhtar and so on.

Play him with Otamendi against Soton. No point to risk Kompany.

Would be a major confidence boost for Mangala to start. He would be fresh and seems he is improving. Leicester game was a major improvement on the Wolves match. Play him tomorrow, play him against Shakhtar and so on.
Agree with this. With the fixtures coming up, we should be able to play Mangala against Southampton, Shakhtar, Swansea, Leicester and Bournemouth if needs be. He’s not great IMO but he can surely only get better with more game time.

Agree with this. With the fixtures coming up, we should be able to play Mangala against Southampton, Shakhtar, Swansea, Leicester and Bournemouth if needs be. He’s not great IMO but he can surely only get better with more game time.

Exactly.

Mangala excels at the inopportune, horrible pass - right to an opponent or zipped to a covered team mate. He keeps doing this, game after game.

I hope he never starts any P/L game - and only starts when we're so far ahead in other fixtures that gifting goals isn't likely to matter.

For God sakes, start a fit Kompany unless the fixture does't matter - and bring in a world-classish replacement for Kompany as soon as possible - Stones and Otters are excellent - but if we could bring in someone better than either of those, we'd be far better off.

Mangala excels at the inopportune, horrible pass - right to an opponent or zipped to a covered team mate. He keeps doing this, game after game.

I hope he never starts any P/L game - and only starts when we're so far ahead in other fixtures that gifting goals isn't likely to matter.

For God sakes, start a fit Kompany unless the fixture does't matter - and bring in a world-classish replacement for Kompany as soon as possible - Stones and Otters are excellent - but if we could bring in someone better than either of those, we'd be far better off.

Vs Huddersfield, late in the game, Otamendi passed a ball from inside our box, directly to an oppo player outside our box, approaching, with team mates around him.

It was an awful, potentially disasterous mistake. They didn't score though & I'm not even sure they got a shot off. Kompany & Stones have done similar, as has Walker & KDB on numerous occasions at the halfway line or deeper & most of the time, unless it's a direct backpass, it doesn't result in a goal.

It lloks bad, but it rarely is. Same with Mangala.

BUT when he came on to win the ball in the air etc, the first thing he did, was run underneath it & lose the challenge leaving a gap behind.

That imo, is the problem with Mangala: he often doesn't do, what it says on the tin. If he did, I don't personally care if he gives away 1 goal per season with a bad pass.

He isn't defending to the required level & needs a big improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.