Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted this back in 2016, still true to this day.

We have to stick with him next couple games, he did a 'Sterling' job on Sunday. Being thrown in a game like that could have been horrible for him but he stuck to his task and didn't give an inch, I noted how he even got some praise when he faced up Lukaku and shepherded him onto his weaker foot and stopped the shot on goal.
You were right then and you're right now

Well he's 6'2", yes he doesn't play on his height, but we shouldn't ignore it.
I’m certainly not saying it is to be ignored, but I am saying Fernandinho is a better ball playing CB, who could help considerably with closing down the intricate, edge of the box, passing Spurs can produce. We’ll see which way Pep goes, but I think Mangala matches up far better with Llorente than Kane.

Appreciate the discussion.

He was great when he came on,fantastic in fact,but I'm sure you have heard of the phrase,one swallow doesn't make a summer,but thanks for the reminder,I'll keep an eye on your future posts and see if anything is said to be looked back at one day eh ?

Of course mate wouldn't have it any other way ;)

Never said he was Bobby Moore, muppet!

Obviously eating a slice of humble pie has given you indigestion.

Stock up on Gaviscon because you are going to be eating quite a few more slices before this season is out.

CTID

Nah mate. Humble pie? I just want us to do well. When Bony had one good game in 30 I didn’t suddenly think he was a world beater. Of course I want him to do well and prove me wrong. Why would I not?!
What I don’t understand is people like you on this thread seem to to have ignored the very real fact that he’s not exactly been one of our best signings at the back. It’s as if you’ve all been watching a different player.

Credit where credit is due. He played well against the rags but, for me at least, he needs to show better form on a consistent level (better than the two seasons so far with us and the one with Valencia) before I have the same faith I have with Stones, Kompany or Ottemendi.

It really is as simple as that.

He made one phenomenal tackle on Sunday and overall was very good. It's been said before but he seems well suited to playing against big physical forwards and United player Ibrahimovic and Lukaku was ideal for him.

Nah mate. Humble pie? I just want us to do well. When Bony had one good game in 30 I didn’t suddenly think he was a world beater. Of course I want him to do well and prove me wrong. Why would I not?!
What I don’t understand is people like you on this thread seem to to have ignored the very real fact that he’s not exactly been one of our best signings at the back. It’s as if you’ve all been watching a different player.

Credit where credit is due. He played well against the rags but, for me at least, he needs to show better form on a consistent level (better than the two seasons so far with us and the one with Valencia) before I have the same faith I have with Stones, Kompany or Ottemendi.

It really is as simple as that.

The problem there being a lack of a consistent run in the side to build confidence.

When he did get a consistent run at the back end of Pellegrini's second season he played very well next to Demichelis.

He made one phenomenal tackle on Sunday and overall was very good. It's been said before but he seems well suited to playing against big physical forwards and United player Ibrahimovic and Lukaku was ideal for him.

Bony up next. He should be in his element.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.