Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

uwe rosler 28 said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Dribble said:
I have seen him play.

No, I can't settle your nerves.

The caveat is that its not my job to make these calls & I trust the club have seen something in him apart from his terrific physique and phisical presence that will make sense of our pursuit. I don't think we'd have gone to all this bother if he wasn't the real deal or as near damn it.

Anything has got to be better than what we saw from Boyata and Nastasic yesterday! ;) They were shockingly bad....I agree, we just gotta just Pellegrini that they picked the right CB to pair with Kompany for the next 5years!!....give him a few weeks to settle in and I'm sure we're all be very happy we went to all this trouble getting him signed!

Bit unfair to slate boyata and nasty yesterday they were totally exposed by our nonexistent midfield. Still think nasty has alot to offer if we keep him. As for mangala it will towards the back end of the season to we really see all his strengths gonna take him a while to adjust.
Mangala looks like a player who enjoys defending. Does Nastasic? I only see Nastasic with the ball at his feet playing it round the back. maybe that's an unfair image I have of him.

ColinLee said:
Bluwhit said:
Mr P must've been so excited/relieved to hear that Mangala had finally arrived back in the country yesterday to let slip.

I was only trying to reassure fellow blues it was all going through ok. Now the Boss has confirmed it - it's all good.

Let's hope he does the business after all the hassle & delay.
Lol, I think you've just added 40 pages to this thread...

Cheers Bluwhit,

Always thought you were the real deal.
Now, hopefully, all the thinly disguised fcukwit rags on here will crawl quietly back into their holes and shut the fcuk up.

Although Bluwhit undoubtedly has some info, if nothing appears on the City site in the next 13 hours he misses out on his ITK badge...I hear it's gold plated and like a sherif's badge.

Come on the 22nd :-)

@MullockSMirror 6m
Man City fans will get their first glimpse of Eliaquim Mangala at the City Live event this week

(Way this is worded pretty sure its a brief from the club)

Mangala signing is not just Pellegrini's choice. It has been said Txiki and the scouting network have been watching and analysing this player for a long time. And came out with the stats and reports that this one fits Kompany the best at CB.
From what I've seen of him (mostly in the European games from Porto) he's very quick, strong, lively, likes to go foreward and is comfortable on the ball. At 23 he is however raw, and young for a CB-position. I wouldn't be surprised to see him need a few months to settle down, gelling at CB and the pace and intensity of the PL. And that will include playing time and a fair amount of yellow cards. Kompany will need to guide him closely at first.
If he's an upgrade to Nastasic? Well, depends. I presume Nastasic will need to step up if he wants to win the challenge and that could make him even better than he was in 2012-2013.

eversince 76 said:
Mangala signing is not just Pellegrini's choice. It has been said Txiki and the scouting network have been watching and analysing this player for a long time. And came out with the stats and reports that this one fits Kompany the best at CB.
From what I've seen of him (mostly in the European games from Porto) he's very quick, strong, lively, likes to go foreward and is comfortable on the ball. At 23 he is however raw, and young for a CB-position. I wouldn't be surprised to see him need a few months to settle down, gelling at CB and the pace and intensity of the PL. And that will include playing time and a fair amount of yellow cards. Kompany will need to guide him closely at first.
If he's an upgrade to Nastasic? Well, depends. I presume Nastasic will need to step up if he wants to win the challenge and that could make him even better than he was in 2012-2013.

"Young for a CB position"?
If your good enough...you play,regardless of age...IMO.

SPIDERBOY said:
eversince 76 said:

"Young for a CB position"?
If your good enough...you play,regardless of age...IMO.

Obviously, and if he is, he will play. Just saying in the top of football you hardly see very young players at CB. And if they do, there's an experienced one next to him. most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.