Eliaquim Mangala (on loan at Valencia)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Clercqs, 20 Mar 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clercqs

Clercqs

Not easy to find positives after a game like that but I thought Mangala was solid (again). IMO he's been having a pretty good season apart from the match against Liverpool (1-4) when everybody were shite. He's been having some injury problems and he's been third choice but I can't think of him having any other bad games. Is it just my memory that is bad or what do you think of his season so far?

Football is like 95% of my life and the only job I have is being an Assistant Manager for a Swedish football club so when I'm coaching or preparing my team I'm reading other teams forum where they all think Mangala is the worst defender in the world (well maybe second worst after today) and the biggest transfer flop in history (I may be exaggerating a bit but you know what I mean). The sad thing is that I often read the same here. I think many of you still got last season in your head when he played like a worse copy of Sakho but this season he's been really good imo.

I can definitely see him surviving Pep and becoming a true beast at the back for us but I'm almost always optimistic about City players and said the same thing about Jovetic, Bony, Fernando, Otamendi and a few more (havn't giving up on Nando or Otamendi yet though).

Do you think he'll be given at least one season with Pep and do you think he'll come good for us after all?

2. Bill

Bill

old fuddy duddy who can't work this shit yet.
    there is a good player in somewhere.

3. beast

beast

Good

4. cookster

cookster

Better than MDM and Otemendi. They should both leave before him.

5. burning blue soul

burning blue soul

POSTS - ALL 1ST CLASS ;)
    sun, sand, sea....thats right, im at rhyl sun ctr
  6. Lomas has a lob on

Lomas has a lob on

Looked like Maldini compared to his partner today

7. KingCarlito

KingCarlito

Exactly what my mate just said on the way home. A lot of it is confidence, he has all the attributes to be a well rounded top quality player for us.

Helps playing with Clichy as he actually tracks back whereas Kolarov leaves a 40 yard hole for Mangala to cover.

8. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

He's gonna be the business. He is Kompers replacement! There wasn't a time today where I thought any Rag forward would outrun him. Would have loved a goal from him today!!

9. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

IT Nerd
    Well, Rashford did get the better of him once in the second half, but ran it out of play.

Probably MotM today, looked so much better after MDM went off.

10. pudge

pudge

He's quick, he's fast and he's got pace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.