Eliaquim Mangala (on loan at Valencia)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Clercqs, 20 Mar 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Jacoby

Dr Jacoby

Even though I rate Mangala more highly, hasn't Sakho been impressing at Palace since completing his loan move to them in January?

The pessimist in me says we will struggle to sell Mangala for over £15m as we don't tend to receive particularly high fees for our players.

If we do not sign a centre back this summer, I wouldn't be against retaining Mangala's services. Whilst he's not the best on the ball, his outstanding recovery speed could prove to be useful when teams are counter attacking against us.

2. Easy

Easy

I understand where you are coming from but we need to start being strict and I think we will. I think there will be enough clubs in for him that we should get the £20m.

If not, like you said I wouldn't entirely against keeping him here , he has many great attributes but he is a worry with the ball at his feet. He is a Clichy type, pass to the nearest team mate or back to the keeper.

3. karen7

karen7

Eliaquim Mangala: "I was lucky to spend a month with Pep. I made more progress tactically in a month than in two previous years with City."

Eliaquim Mangala: "I tell you, my best years are before me. I've never felt so strong. But for now, I don't know what my future will hold."

Eliaquim Mangala: "Today I'm on the market and there will be offers this summer." [L'Equipe]

4. karen7

karen7

Newcastle have made a €15m (£13m) bid for Manchester City defender Eliaquim Mangala (26). [Plaza Deportiva]

He'd be good there

5. TonyM

TonyM

I'd prefer him to Kolorov. (Or Stones but that's not going to happen)

6. RandomJ

RandomJ

Even Newcastle trying to take the piss. They have Prem League money if they want him they can cough up.

7. bluemoon risin'

bluemoon risin'

Taking the rise.
    I still think Mangala will come good. He has most attributes. If he develops a top defenders brain he can be world class(still young enough). Won't be for us though but I reckon 20 mil is a fair price to buy him.

8. MeatHunterrr

MeatHunterrr

Problem is City want to get rid and everyone knows it. Hence the low bids. To be honest selling him for small fee and getting his wages off the books in the process is better option than loaning him out all the time.

9. bluemoon risin'

bluemoon risin'

Taking the rise.
    We payed around 42 mil, so we cannot accept a small fee just to get him off the books, even if we are minted.

10. Barcon

Barcon

I agree, and I think at 20mil he will end up being a bargain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.