Eliaquim Mangala (on loan to Everton)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by burning blue soul, 1 Feb 2018.

1. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

And double bollocks. That must make 70% of PL CBs worse than garbage. He is perfect for a back four who who aren't coached to retain possession from the back and where everyone in the team has to have a touch. BFS and LFS, and not to mention my ERO, are delighted with the acquisition!

2. Indaparkside

Indaparkside

Ok garbage may be a bit strong hope he comes good I really do but can't see it being with us have been wrong before mind you

3. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Fucking hell......his first 45mins for Everton were awful,he is all over the gaff and looks anything but a footballer.

4. CrossroadBlues

CrossroadBlues

Egyptians have an old tradition .. whenever they have an annoying guest at their homes and he leaves .. they go outside the house and break a pottery jar hoping it will help not see this guest again .. its some kind of superstition!

Someone should've done that at the door of the CFA the day Mangala left on loan for Everton!

5. Colin Bells Boots

Colin Bells Boots

I haven't watched, and I hope Mangala isn't to blame for the Gooners goal fest , but previous posts suggest that Fat Sam has a job on his hands .

6. cleavers

cleavers

I haven't seen it, but %live were saying that Allardyce played a back 3 ? Mangala in a back 3 doesn't sound like the brightest idea to me.

7. Cobwebcat

Cobwebcat

For all of you that thought he would be good if he wasn't playing in our system watch this game.

He's not bad in our system he is bad in any system.

It's a shame as he will be back next season. Nobody would pay for this.

8. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Perhaps he is better in a back four but,the reality is,i don't think Mangala in any system/defence is a good idea.

I didnt see the 2nd half so i cant comment.......The good news,he can only improve.

9. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

I think they were playing a back three BEFORE AND AFTER the goals went in!

10. Lancet Fluke

Lancet Fluke

He started slowly last season at Valencia but after he got a run of games I think he started performing fairly well as far as I am aware. I'm not for one minute going to suggest he's a great player but give him a chance at his new club. He was playing in a team that was terrible pretty much all over the pitch and in a defence that was terribly disorganised, it wasn't like it was all down to him. If by the end of the season when he's had a decent run of games and has got used to playing with those defenders there is no improvement then I think we can judge him.