Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
42M but i think that fee was tied into the fernando deal....As in Mangala had a 3rd party ownership so we overpaid on manga and underpaid on Fernando. Obviously both players are complete duds and we got well and truly rinsed by porto.

But it was £24 to Porto and then we haggled down the 40% of the 3rd party ownership to £8m split between both is what the consensus is with everyone?

Any player that looks like he's got a fucking grenade nestled on his foot is never going to be a top-class defender. Get. Rid.
Boom.

If only he'd scored that header against Sheffield Wednesday in his (I think) first game he may have gained some confidence and we could have seen a different player but for me too big, not mobile enough, looked scared of the ball, seemed a split second from tripping over it at times, never knew what to do with it and not a lot of a football brain. Whoever scouted him should have been sacked.

Boom.

If only he'd scored that header against Sheffield Wednesday in his (I think) first game he may have gained some confidence and we could have seen a different player but for me too big, not mobile enough, looked scared of the ball, seemed a split second from tripping over it at times, never knew what to do with it and not a lot of a football brain. Whoever scouted him should have been sacked.

Wasn't it his first Chelsea? He was unreal that game. Then had a stinker in the next game agaisnt hull.

Do we itemise transfers in the accounts, and are there no possibilities of fees being paid elsewhere in the accounts? I have not studied the accounts for the time considered but looking at most companies accounts they are not usually that detailed.
It was in the notes for some reason.

Wasn't it his first Chelsea? He was unreal that game. Then had a stinker in the next game agaisnt hull.

Yeah, his debut was in a 1-1 draw v Chelsea. He was brilliant that sane's, he completely shackled Costa. The next league game away at Hull he was an absolute car crash, if I remember rightly he scored at own goal and give away a penalty.

Yeah, his debut was in a 1-1 draw v Chelsea. He was brilliant that sane's, he completely shackled Costa. The next league game away at Hull he was an absolute car crash, if I remember rightly he scored at own goal and give away a penalty.

Yeah I can remember the hull game clearly as I was sat in their end and I celebrated the first two goals. Then up stepped mangala.

City isn't the club for him, but I thought Mangala would do better than Ligue 1.

Very surprised a midtable Premier League team doesn't go in for him, he has all the physical attributes to be a major success in the right team. Look at what Sakho did at Palace.

So we underpaid on Fernando you say. What did we pay for him then to say we underpaid.
We paid around 12 I think. He came with a reputation. Pretty cheap considering. You'd expect any player from Porto or benfica to go for at least 20/25M. Manga also HAD a huge repuatation as a young CB. So around 25M each makes sense in the grand scheme of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.