Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Paul Clennam from Goal also wrote a story on it, who's been spot on with all of our activity this summer.

City are unwilling to match Mangala’s £38 million release clause and value the player at closer to the £30m figure they were prepared to pay for Real Madrid star Pepe, before the 30-year-old indicated he would prefer to stay and fight for his place in Carlo Ancelotti’s side.

The Premier League club are yet to submit a formal offer for the powerful France international, 22, but Goal understands they are ready to sanction a deal should the Portuguese club give an indication they are willing to sell at a price closer to City’s valuation.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/08/29/4221971/-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... /4221971/-</a>?

wonder if this would be more of a January move, very little time in this window to make such an expensive swoop.

Obviously I'm no expert but think I know a small bit of football but this would be the biggest transfer in history, money wise, of a player I've never heard of.

Can also play at left back.

Maybe throw Garcia into the deal?

EDIT: Does anyone know what side CB he plays?

Last year, he pretty much got used as first reserve, for almost any position that was in need, so he's pretty versatile. Also, pretty dangerous as an emergency CF when chasing a game, incredibly aggressive in the air

BlueDejong said:
Goo said:
Can also play at left back.

Maybe throw Garcia into the deal?

EDIT: Does anyone know what side CB he plays?

Main position is CB, but he can also RB, LB

I mean is he a left sided or right sided CB? i.e. is he competition for Nasty or Kompany?

I struggle to believe we'd be willing to play £30m for him or Pepe for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.