Eliaquim Mangala

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Clercqs, 20 Mar 2016.

1. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

He makes far more interceptions, tackles, clearances, blocks. He's more physical, wins more aerial duels and is a better marker. I like Stones but the only area I can tell where he beats Mangala is passing. Stones doesn't need to do as much of that other stuff as other CB's because he has Otamendi next to him, who does a frankly ridiculous amount of it. Stones has a lot of strengths to his game (and is still improving) but I'm doubtful he'd be able to pocket Ibrahimovic the way Mangala did.

2. domalino

domalino

Are you saying that having watched him recently for Valencia, like the rest of the people in the last few pages of this thread, or did you just see it was near the top of the forum again and just feel the need to whine and moan about him again?

3. moomba

moomba

If only the quality of a defender was determined by whether or not you have a good game against Ibrahimovic.

4. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

The quality of a defender should first and foremost be determined by their ability to defend.

5. Mid Wales blue

Mid Wales blue

No Valencia ;).

6. Dax777

Dax777

Ha.

7. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

The lad done good at weekend. First goal for three years, and a top performance! He's coming back!

8. Thaksinssoldier

Thaksinssoldier

Pah...we bought Stones ffs.

9. Thaksinssoldier

Thaksinssoldier

Actually, a Stones/Mangala partnership is so crazty an idea, it could be a bloody phenomenal pairing.

10. domalino

domalino

Marca are reporting that despite Mangala being one of Valencia's biggest positives this season, and him showing the form that made us buy him, they actually can't afford the £15m clause in his loan deal, so he'll be coming back to us.

IMO that's probably a good thing as we should get more than £15m for him, I'm just not sure where.