Eliaquim Mangala

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Clercqs, 20 Mar 2016.

1. Dax777

Dax777

I don't disagree he'll have a good career. But he will be best on a non-possession team. Which is not what we are.

Could he be a backup here? Sure. But he'll be half the player he was meant to be, trying to play out of the back and lead attacks trying to breakdown tight defenses.

If we buy a CB it will be because we are trying to upgrade our starters. We don't need a backup. We have 4 capable CBS. All superior possession based CBs. So Mangala is surplus to requirement.

2. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Football..
    Enjoyed reading that cheers

3. Easy

Easy

Mangala will be most likely sold.

I can see other teams making offers as he's had a pretty good season at Valencia. He will never be a starting CB for us. Its clear he is not comfortable in possession and just looks to off load the ball to his nearest team mate. He is not a CB will pass through the lines. There is not point bringing him back as a back up CB when he doesn't fit our style and we could probably get 20m+ for him.

He has great qualities and will have a good career but unfortunately is not for us.

4. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

IT Nerd
    I'd be surprised if we get 20m - we're crap at getting rid of players, and if teams know we want rid, the price plummets further.

5. Easy

Easy

I think we will start getting more value for our players. 20m is the minimum, Mangala is young, good at defending and can be extremely successful in a system that fits his style i.e. not playing the ball out the back. If he was a Valencia player (not ours) they would probably be asking for 30-40m easy. I think even many Premier League clubs would be willing to paying the 20m, he would be a beast in a team that is defending in their own box for most of the match.

6. ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN

[QUOTE="Easy, post: 10164831, member: 66378. I think even many Premier League clubs would be willing to paying the 20m, he would be a beast in a team that is defending in their own box for most of the match.[/QUOTE]

Like the Rags

7. shemnel

shemnel

anyone know if he has any chance of playing for us again?

8. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Pep maybe :)

9. Dr Jacoby

Dr Jacoby

If we cannot find a club willing to pay £20m for him, is it not inconceivable that he could be used as a utility player for us next season? Perhaps I am mistaken but I thought he could play left back as well as at centre back..?

10. Easy

Easy

Think we'll have many offers and £20m is the minimum for me. Liverpool is asking £30m for Sakho ffs.

Mangala would shine for many clubs, just not us. I'm sure many PL clubs will be interested, he is a beast and is still only 26.