Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i would have liked him at stoke if the martins indi permanent deal carried on hitting the rocks.
There are quality players all over the Premier league. When we played you in the FA Cup final, stoke were a hard working but limited side. Packed out now with quality players. I like Anautovic especially. I reckon Stoke fans might just be getting a bit impatient now with Hughes....a long with a lot of midtable clubs. Last season gap between top 6 and rest was quite significant even though all the Premiership clubs will be raiding europe

I don't think City usually announce what they pay. I think the deal was £32M to Porto but football leaks subsequently revealed a further £10M to various third parties so maybe it was a fee of £32M but a cost of £42M.
I never believed it at the time, but press were adamant it was £42m

I don't think City usually announce what they pay. I think the deal was £32M to Porto but football leaks subsequently revealed a further £10M to various third parties so maybe it was a fee of £32M but a cost of £42M.
It was reported in the accounts as 32M. What more do you want?

It was reported in the accounts as 32M. What more do you want?
Do we itemise transfers in the accounts, and are there no possibilities of fees being paid elsewhere in the accounts? I have not studied the accounts for the time considered but looking at most companies accounts they are not usually that detailed.

Last edited:
I think a top defensive coach could make an absolutely colossal centre back out of Mangala, but not one who is there to spray the ball around, just a defender who keeps it simple, then expands his game, over time.

Don Howe & George Graham would have created a real defender out of him. That's more or less dead these days.

He's worth more than £18m in my view - think we should be looking for around £20-25m.

On a side note, if we really did pay over £40m for him, then I'm surprised if we're reluctant to pay similar money for Walker, and to a lesser extent, Mendy.

Don't agree with the consensus that £18 million is good business. It's fairly poor i think. Putting aside what we paid for him, in today's market that's nothing. Harry Maguire jas just gone to Leicester from Hull for £17 million.

I still believe he's a very very good defender and fully expect Lyon to sell him on for probably double that if not more within a few years tops
Yes but English clubs always pay more. If we get a decent fee for him the club has done well. Obvious he prefers continental leagues and would not be interested in signing for another PL club. Mangala just didn't fit and hopefully, unlike some of the deals in the past, we can move on with a fee and a significant reduction of the wage bill. Hope it's true.

There are quality players all over the Premier league. When we played you in the FA Cup final, stoke were a hard working but limited side. Packed out now with quality players. I like Anautovic especially. I reckon Stoke fans might just be getting a bit impatient now with Hughes....a long with a lot of midtable clubs. Last season gap between top 6 and rest was quite significant even though all the Premiership clubs will be raiding europe

Its more the way certain players have been seemingly thrown on the backburner to accomodate the same old limited names. Bojan wasnt given enough time to come back from a bad injury, imbula was called a defensive liability even though clearly very good going forward so we play allen out of position as a CAM and leave imbula to rot(even picking whelan/adam et al in font of him), sobhi didn't get enough pitch time, the whole berahino thing dragged so long it feels like we took one from the rear in the end given whats left of the player...

Our season has been the very definition of regression, season before last we were only 3 good signings away from being another everton.

But to remain on topic i find mangala to be very similar to indi who we are currently struggling to sign permanently it seems. Would really like him at stoke where the pressure would be off.

£24million to Porto for their 57% share, that's all that we know for sure.

Many on here do it too. The media hates us so talk up our fees. I've no idea why fans would do the same.

The transfer agreement document was leaked last season (Football Leaks) the contract as a PDF file that showed it was £42m because of a huge amount we had to pay the third party owners, not Porto.

I posted links to show this on here not too long ago but was dismissed by some of our fans who are convinced this has to be about how we are hated by the football media, which is understandable given the track record (even with the way Sterling's transfer fee was Inflated in some periodicals) and whoever else hates us (Have they formed a queue yet?) but the evidence we have in front of us is hard to ignore if you are honest with yourseld.

It's all over the internet at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.