Emilio Lawrence

Dribble

Screenshot_20230920-234133_Chrome.jpg

'Creative': 18-year-old Man City gem now praised for UEFA Youth League display, tipped to replace £17m Borges​

Emilio Lawrence put his name up in lights on Tuesday afternoon with a tremendous display for Manchester City in the UEFA Youth League.

The 18-year-old scored two goals and set up another as the young Citizens recorded a 5-2 win in their opening UEFA Youth League clash of the 2023/24 campaign, earning rave reviews as a result.

Many – including the Manchester Evening News – think Lawrence is capable of stepping up to replace the Portuguese wonderkid.

The teenager almost singlehandedly put Red Star Belgrade to the sword on Tuesday, responding impressively to the Serbian side’s strike to make it 4-2 by immediately assisting a goal to put Manchester City 5-2 ahead.

Lawrence is now emerging as the next big thing from Manchester City’s academy, after Romeo Lavia, James McAtee and Borges.

Brian Barry-Murphy: “He’s a different type of winger to Borges and (Adedire) Mebude in terms of how direct they are. He’s a wide player who can be very creative.”

https://www.manchestercity.news/cre...uth-league-display-tipped-to-replace-17m-man/

Because I've seen quite a bit of both players. I can't see Lawrence in the first team but I think Ndala has a reasonable chance, injury permitting.

Lawrence had a great game,he is really starting to show why he deserved the hype at Everton and why we signed him.He has wonderful balance and vision and he has superb technical ability.

Kane Taylor was another who had a fine game,a real midfield presence.

Pep did say a few weeks ago his staff told him there were 3 or 4 outstanding academy players. Would be interesting to know if he was one of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.