Emre Can

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by cadds92, 3 Nov 2017.

1. Churchlawtonblue

Churchlawtonblue

Have it on good authority from someone in our club that that is what Liverpool paid Milner.

2. Thekinkygoat

Thekinkygoat

Could make a good centre half in our system.

3. cjn

cjn

We do have a few pennies, however the club also has a budget, which it sticks to more or less. This is evidenced clearly by us still needing a fourth fullback at all and doubly so by Johnny Evans still being a West Brom player. Given the other options for the pivot are going to be either very expensive (Carvalho, Milinkovic-Savic) or wildly expensive (Julian Weigl) if we can get a very good player in Can for free you absolutely do it. Pep is not signing any player he does not believe is good enough, regardless of cost. If we do end up signing him it will be because he's done his homework and determined that this is someone he can work with. The money we save here will then be invested into other parts of the squad or on more promising youngsters like the Douglas Luiz's of the world. Missing out on a bargain just because you have the money to is foolish.

4. kiam06

kiam06

I don't want this guy I think he's garbage.

5. jay laruja

jay laruja

If on a free transfer, it's a no-brainer. He's strong, can defend, good on possession and technically gifted. And just 23 years old. Hell, I'd get him just to spite Liverpool fans.

6. TonyM

TonyM

We nearly signed Evans who was shit every time I've seen him since so to say that Pep only signs those who he can make great is a stretch in blind faith imo.

Whatever we save by bringing in "frees" must be spent on bringing in those very few of the highest quality, e.g. Messi. The same could be said for replacing high earners with cheaper academy developed youth.

We'd imagine that we only have room in the squad for a maximum of 1 foreign senior player who's a bit of a punt.

7. Hart of the Matter

Hart of the Matter

My brother is an LFC season ticket holder, i grew up in Liverpool and all my mates are either toffees or dippers. I have been to see them play on several occassions. I always watch their matches in full on TV. I have always rated this lad. He has the silky skills and the tackling. His key issue though is he gets caught out of position too often. A bit like John Stones last year. He looks great on the ball but needs to improve off it. Has he the potential to be good enough for us? I think he has. Is he there yet? No, but in a better team and under dhinos wing for a year he could be a world beater. Definately good enough as a squad player to cover FB, CD and DM even now. Scousers do not understand why Henderson is prefered either by the way (although the stats shows he gets plenty of time on the pitch anyway).

8. Marvin

Marvin

I like him as well. I like Gundogan too, but I don't really see him as a replacement for Fernandinho and Fernandinho is not going to be able to play forever. He'll be 33 next season.

9. Signing them three on frees would be a piss take....can you imagine the look on Wenger's face ....... We could then use the cash we may have to get a top quality center back ...probably Lucas Hernandez ...... Can for Yaya and Hernandez for Mangala ....Bravo sold and Angus Gunn back as deputy ....... Maffeo integrated into the squad .......

10. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

Can, Sanchez... the Pep effect in action. Both players know they will have more success and that Pep will improve them. I wonder who else is thinking along the same lines....