Emre Can

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have a few pennies, however the club also has a budget, which it sticks to more or less. This is evidenced clearly by us still needing a fourth fullback at all and doubly so by Johnny Evans still being a West Brom player. Given the other options for the pivot are going to be either very expensive (Carvalho, Milinkovic-Savic) or wildly expensive (Julian Weigl) if we can get a very good player in Can for free you absolutely do it. Pep is not signing any player he does not believe is good enough, regardless of cost. If we do end up signing him it will be because he's done his homework and determined that this is someone he can work with. The money we save here will then be invested into other parts of the squad or on more promising youngsters like the Douglas Luiz's of the world. Missing out on a bargain just because you have the money to is foolish.

We won't need to invest in other parts of the squad as much as we do at DM. We have a budget, yes, and we'll be spending less next summer, as Pep has said, but I don't see that as being a tiny spend more like 100m before sales.

Assuming we'll be getting a backup LB in Jan (who'd be relatively cheap given the fact we have a 50m LB to come back) and Sanchez in Jan or for free in the summer these are the only positions left really

Backup GK
CB
DM

A new backup GK would likely be Rulli (12m buyback), if not Gunn (0m), so that'd leave the entire summer budget for a CB and a DM.

Really the only other change that would have any financial impact would be if we somehow got Messi, and that would be a wage balancing issue. The wage demands between a Weigl and Can aren't going to be much different (Can reportedly rejected huge wages from LFC), esp. given that Can would be on a free.

Hope not. Klopp was playing him there, when he first came. He was all over the shop.
We don't play CB like Liverpool does. Emre Can is a solid all round footballer. And with Pep's incessant and maniacal attention to detail, I won't be shocked to see a good footballer like Can will figure it out.

We don't play CB like Liverpool does. Emre Can is a solid all round footballer. And with Pep's incessant and maniacal attention to detail, I won't be shocked to see a good footballer like Can will figure it out.

In addition to that, h don't need to be perfect in the new position he is playing at, give him a run of games and he will adapt,learn and hopefully be perfect.

The best LB in the league so far is a good example of how good footballer can adapt.

On a free it's a no brainer I would definitely take him at 23 he can as proven be moulded by Pep into a quality player. Can if he has any sense would want to come ands work with Pep (I'm sure he does)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.