Emre Can

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by cadds92, 3 Nov 2017.

1. Robanompivenov

Robanompivenov

Possibly another early 20's years of age German? I'd love to see Leon Goretzka or Julian Weigl in a City shirt!

2. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

Hope not. Klopp was playing him there, when he first came. He was all over the shop.

3. Silva_Spell

Silva_Spell

We won't need to invest in other parts of the squad as much as we do at DM. We have a budget, yes, and we'll be spending less next summer, as Pep has said, but I don't see that as being a tiny spend more like 100m before sales.

Assuming we'll be getting a backup LB in Jan (who'd be relatively cheap given the fact we have a 50m LB to come back) and Sanchez in Jan or for free in the summer these are the only positions left really

Backup GK
    CB
    DM

A new backup GK would likely be Rulli (12m buyback), if not Gunn (0m), so that'd leave the entire summer budget for a CB and a DM.

Really the only other change that would have any financial impact would be if we somehow got Messi, and that would be a wage balancing issue. The wage demands between a Weigl and Can aren't going to be much different (Can reportedly rejected huge wages from LFC), esp. given that Can would be on a free.

4. Mat01706

Mat01706

Mark Noble?

5. kun

kun

Everyone is all over the shop defensively under klopp.

6. ws01

ws01

This. Has a lot of the same traits

7. Dax777

Dax777

We don't play CB like Liverpool does. Emre Can is a solid all round footballer. And with Pep's incessant and maniacal attention to detail, I won't be shocked to see a good footballer like Can will figure it out.

8. ctid83

ctid83

DO NOT need!
    Shit! Get weigl in!

9. Tevez City

Tevez City

In addition to that, h don't need to be perfect in the new position he is playing at, give him a run of games and he will adapt,learn and hopefully be perfect.

The best LB in the league so far is a good example of how good footballer can adapt.

10. Mike D

Mike D

On a free it's a no brainer I would definitely take him at 23 he can as proven be moulded by Pep into a quality player. Can if he has any sense would want to come ands work with Pep (I'm sure he does)