Emyr Huws

Huws - Involved a lot on the ball, has the beating of Daehli down the left and passing well.

Taylor - A good return to his former club, movement down the left impressive linking with Huws.

45mins: Huws plays in a good cross, but Latics are penalised for what the referee is signalling as a pull on a Cardiff shirt, didn't see much in that.

39mins: Short free kick to McManaman down the left, cross goes in but is sent back to Huws on the left side, he beats Daehli down the by-line, cuts it back to McManaman in the area, but his ball over the top is too long for Boyce who can only head the ball to the touchline on the stretch.

10mins: Great delivery this time by Huws, Jones misses it and Boyce gets only a glance on the ball as it goes out for a goal kick.

6mins: Shame for Huws their, good passing down the left side and he looked for the little chip over the top to McManaman, but Callum didn't read the ball.

This one surprised me more than Negredo going, I hope we've got a first dibs buy back option on him. He looks a proper player.

CTID101 said:
The Sun saying he is going to Wigan on a permanent deal. 3.25m.

Good luck to the lad.

£3.25m is a lot of money for a player who hasn't played a single premiership game!

Good bit of business for everyone involved.

I think the reality is that he is the sort of player we wil be churning out by the dozen with the new structure of our academy, so he was not viewed as particularly special. He's a neat and tidy passer, with good long balls, nice clean ball striking and set piece delivery, but he's not exactly a special player. He's physically pretty average, with no real defensive side to his game and no real dribbling skills to speak of and I haven't seen much in the way of an eye for a killer pass.

I'd of thought pretty much every midfielder who comes through our academy from now on should be in the neat and tidy passer mold, so the powers that be clearly want someone with more than just that in their locker. Maybe he'll prove them wrong and be a really special player, but to me, he always looked like the best he could hope to be is a Michael Carrick type player.

Extremely good business at £3.25m. He has a decent career in the future maybe in the Championship or lower Premier League team. Wonder where Wigan got all that money?

MeatHunterrr said:
Extremely good business at £3.25m. He has a decent career in the future maybe in the Championship or lower Premier League team. Wonder where Wigan got all that money?

They sold Macarthur for 7m, and aren't they still getting parachute payments?

BigOscar said:
I think the reality is that he is the sort of player we wil be churning out by the dozen with the new structure of our academy, so he was not viewed as particularly special. He's a neat and tidy passer, with good long balls, nice clean ball striking and set piece delivery, but he's not exactly a special player.
Neville Kneville said:
Good luck Emyr.

Surprised we didn't wait a bit longer, but he now has a chance to make a name for himself, & if we find good jobs for kids we don't use, it is all good for our reputation & encourages kids to sign.

I think between you you've got it pretty much covered. Good luck to the lad and I hope he gets up to the premiership.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.